Prologue

You sat and watched the delivery men put boxes into your living room. You had made it absolutely clear you didn't want them near you.

You had selective memory, which made it hard to recall events before the age of ten. Even with that, you still remembered the nasty events that took place in your past. Hands, everywhere, touching you. There was only one person, but they were everywhere. Either they weren't moving fast enough, or you were moving to slow, but it ended up the same. You could never forgive your sister for the hell she had put you through. The entire world was to blame too, they never cared after all, "A man could never be raped" you grimaced at the words that were thrown at you since you were a kid.

You didn't realize you spaced out until a man called from the front door, "We're done here!" the man yelled before abruptly closing the door. You had never blamed them for leaving so suddenly, you were rude yourself. Demanding that they can't get in a five foot radius of you, staring them down as they worked and all together rushing them. You had haphephobia, the fear of being touched. Though, it is worse when it comes to women, as they cannot touch you at all under any circumstances. With men, they needed permission, which would only be granted if you knew them well. The problem being, you knew no one well, you were alone.

You were sitting in a knees-to-chest position in the far corner of the room. Your arms were covering everything under your nose, only revealing your very tired and dead eyes. Moving was hard, but it was for the best— living in the city would cause you to get touched more. Remembering the city did not bring nostalgia, in fact, the memories of the city made you glad you were gone.

The only problem was, you were fired from you job. You were jobless, with a fresh new loan you had to pay off eventually. You reluctantly stood up slowly, hunching over. When you hunched, you looked a lot shorter than you actually were. You stood at around average height, but when you were hunching, you looked a full five centimeters shorter than you actually were.

        You looked around your bare house, not seeing anything except for boxes. You sighed, knowing what you had to do next, unpack. You slowly trudged over other the stacks of boxes. You stared at them for a moment before pulling out your phone and putting on music. Your head bopped slowly to the beat for a few seconds and then you picked up a box and started dancing as you went to organize the boxes by labels.

        Only three songs had passed before you finished organizing your boxes. You had chosen the smallest box pile, the bathroom, to unpack first. You had paid for a relatively small house, one bathroom, two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. Sadly, unlike your old house, you actually had to go out to do your laundry. It was the one downside of this house. Other than that, you enjoyed the house. As soon as you walked into the house, you were greeted with the stairs to the bedrooms. To the right of the stairs was the living room. Walking past the living room, you would see a hall, slightly longer on one side. The longer side had held the kitchen, the shorter holding the bathroom. You had a front porch and a sizable yard, being bigger in the back.

        You had reached the bathroom with the boxes, the bathroom having a sink to the right, a toilet to the left and a shower at the back of the room. It was fairy small, but you could manage. You set down the inly two boxes that had the 'bathroom' label on them. You reached inside one and pulled out some shower shelves. You quickly put those in the shower before returning back to the box and pulling out a wall toothbrush holder. It a had a design you really liked. You stuck that one the wall and put your favorite toothbrush on it. You pulled out about fifty-plus extra toothbrushes in a basket and placed it under the sink. You don't know why you had kept every single tooth brush you had received from the dentist over the years but you had, plus some toothbrushes you had bought but never used.

        You walked back into the living room after finishing up the bathroom. You grabbed some of the 'kitchen' labelled boxes and walked into the kitchen. You placed down the boxes you were carrying and went to grab the rest. You suddenly felt a chill down your spine, like something or someone was touching you. You froze up, your breath seizing. You felt tears form, but you almost dared to them to fall as you felt if you made any movement you were gonna get attacked. Suddenly, the feeling went away and my body relaxed slightly. Your body may still have been tense but at least you weren't almost dying from holding your breath anymore. After a minute, you relaxed enough so that you could finally move. Instead of heading over to finish packing, you sat on the floor and hugged your body tightly. You puffed your cheeks out and finally allowed your tears to fall. You let out quivering breaths through your now clenched teeth. You pulled your hair slightly as your chest heaved slowly. You started to sob, louder and louder. You hated crying but also hated being touched so you allow this one to slide instead of punishing yourself for being a baby and crying. Suddenly, another stereotypical phrase entered your mind, "Boys can't cry" the static voice in your head spoke in a neutral tone. You tried to dry up your tears, but it only caused you to cry harder. You sat there, crying for what felt like forever, unknowing of the the man outside your window.

1,015 words