❁ 01 ❁

Красная Комната

≫≫∘❁♡❁∘≪≪

2005

Punches were being exchanged back and forth. Skillfully dodging and carefully crafting a counterattack for each move the other made. The two girls moved together like a well-oiled machine. The brunette hooked her ankle around the blonde's leg and pulled it towards her. The blonde landed on her back, fully prepared to attack from the ground before the brunette made a quick move to place herself on top of the blonde. With one leg on each side of the girl's torso, she pulled out a knife and held it to the blonde's throat.

"Ugh, really, Adelina? That was a cheap move."

"Well, Yelena, it seems cheap works well with you," Adelina stated. The corner of her lips tugged slightly upwards.

"See," Yelena huffed while trying to hide a small smile, "Now that was just completely unnecessary."

Adelina let out a breathy laugh as she stood up. She was quick to remove any sort of joy from her face lest anyone was looking her way.

As the brunette glanced around, she caught sight of the girl who was once her sister. The very thought of the older girl made Adelina's chest tighten. She missed her sister dearly, but she doubted Violetta ever even thought about her.

Adelina was right in a way. She didn't cross the older girl's mind often. When she did, Violetta wasn't filled with love or longing like Adelina was when she thought of her older sister. She was filled with anger and resentment. Violetta worked so hard, constantly pushing herself and killing when asked to. Why was Adelina considered so perfect? Why did Dreykov and Madame B favor Adelina?

Why not her?

She hated Adelina for it. Deep down, she knew her sister couldn't control it. This was all she had ever known. Her sister was too young to remember being taken or have any memories of their parents at all. Violetta wasn't. Maybe that's why Adelina was better than her. Violetta felt too much. She had dreams of a life outside the Red Room because she knew what it could be like. She knew what it was like to be loved, to be free. Adelina didn't. The girl had grown up knowing nothing but violence and obedience. She was elegant, well-mannered, soft-spoken, and had an aura of innocence. Even with all the grace the young girl exudes, she was wickedly fierce and strong. She could kill without showing even a hint of hesitation.Violetta hated her for it. Adelina was everything she wished to be.

Adelina watched as Violetta brutally attacked a younger girl. The girl put up quite a fight but was no match for Violetta. In a second, the girl was thrown to the ground with a knife placed against her throat. It wasn't in the playful manner Adelina had used against Yelena. Violetta's knife was held firmly against the other girl's neck, drawing a small line of blood that combined with the blood dripping down her face from other various wounds. Violetta had a deranged look in her eyes as she stared down at the trembling girl. Adelina quickly turned away.