JIMIN

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^

Flashback...

One year ago, August 2020...

Music blasts through my ears, the base so intense that I can feel it in my chest. I tap my fingers against my phone to the beat of my favourite song as I stare at the blank screen.

I've had this song on repeat for a while now, hoping that it would somehow block out the noise all around me.

But it doesn't.

I can still hear my Dad shouting at my Mom, ordering her to be a better woman.

I can still hear her cries.

I can still hear the loud smash that Dad creates from breaking an ornament as he screams at my Mom to shut up.

I can still hear the loud bangs on the floor as they fight each other. Whether it's physical or just verbal, I don't know. I refuse to take my eyes away from the black screen of my phone.

It's not surprising that I'd hear all of this. After all, it's happening right in front of me. I'm just too scared to move away.

Pathetic. Twenty-two and I can't even deal with a stupid argument, I think with a sigh.

Then they suddenly stop. I take off one of my headphones, confused on what's going on. Then I hear the door knock so I get up and go to it.

I open it and see Taehyung standing there.

"Arguing again?" He asks.

I nod. "Yeah. They won't shut up."

"Ah damn... Well I've got some good news for you that might cheer you up."

I hum in curiosity.

"Come with me. I've found a place we can move into."