His Sanctuary

Chat took in a deep breath of the crisp, autumn air as he vaulted from building to building with his baton. His suit gave him freedom. Freedom to do all that he wanted.....till morning came of course. Freedom to do all that his father restricted him from. It was his escape from the confines of his house, he couldn't call it a home now, not since she died.

      An escape from his father's clutches. He was forever thankful for the guardian to have entrusted him with a miraculous. And not any random one at that. It was the Miraculous of Destruction. But the guardian was gone too now. Not like his mother, no. But gone nonetheless, with his memories of his entire life taken away from him.

     Plagg, despite his weird  cheese addiction, really helped keep him sane. The amount of loneliness he faced at home was enough to drive even the most sane people close to losing their mind. He would have lost his, were it not for his friends and school.

      Chat had a far of look, remembering his friends. Nino, Alya, and...... Marinette. The thought of the sweet, funny, kind, shy girl made him smile. He was a her friend in and out of the mask. Though he always felt like there was this boundary between them at both times. When he was Chat, he had to do it to protect his identity. But as Adrien he always felt like she felt intimidated, or scared, or nervous, or all of the three around him. Hence the barrier in his civilian form. Marinette had also once sat by his side when he had strayed to her house, on one of the days he had argued with his father and had then been grounded. She always went out of her way to help everyone, much like his lady.

        His lady, she was the sun, shining light and warmth onto his cold, dark life. Since the first day he was convinced, she was the one he loved. His one and only. He had promised himself that he would love whoever was beneath that mask. His smile dropped, it had been a week since he had last seen her.

        Hawkmoth's attacks had been gradually decreasing and this was by far the longest break they had had fighting against akumas. He should be happy,..... right? Yes, he was glad innocent people weren't being harmed but those akumas were his excuse to see his Bugaboo and of course use his pawsome puns. He didn't understand why Ladybug and Marinette didn't like them, well atleast Marinette humoured him and laughed at a few.

        He had grown close to his shy classmate over a few weeks. His visits becoming  more and more regular till he couldn't go on about his day without having visited her. She was more bold, confident, sassy, and sarcastic with Chat Noir than him as Adrien. She was his purrincess and he was her knight....in shining leather, of course. The visits, to say the least, were interesting. He would usually sneak in through her balcony and land quietly on her bed. She always would be sketching something, or writing her diary while speaking to herself....or her imaginary friend, since he had heard her say "Tikki" once and when he had asked her she gave him a sheepish smile or changed the topic.

         Chat had had his suspicions of her being Hawkmoth but had laughed at himself as such a sweet, kind girl couldn't possibly do something so terrible. Besides Hawkmoth was a man and a grown up man at that. He had also thought of her being Ladybug once but had dismissed the thought as he found out that she was Multimouse and Ladybug was right next to her at the time. But over the days, as they grew closer, the possibility of her being Ladybug just grew. Come to think of it, he had even seen a red blur shoot across the room when he had entered through the hatch.

         Right then he felt a few drops of water on his face. He looked up to see dark clouds with a strike of lightning close by. He would have to reach shelter, and fast. Rain was pouring heavily by the time Chat could smell the delightful aroma from the bakery, that was hard to dispel even in the rain especially with his heightened sense of smell.

        He landed on the balcony with a thud. His ears drooping, his matted hair, and dripping suit. He could see his breath form in the air due to the cold. He shivered. As of on cue, Marinette open the trap door, her eyes stern and serious while her she had an expression of concern and worry. She ushered him inside quickly.

  "Chat! Why did you come out in this rain? You are going to catch a cold." She said as she fussed over him. He just shrugged helplessly as he shivered once again.

"Oh, poor kitty. Hold on, I'll be right back." She said as she ran down the stairs. Within minutes she was back with a towel and hot chocolate. She dried his hair with the towel and wrapped him in a huge, fluffy, Chat Noir themed blanket. It was black with neon green paw prints and a few cat puns here and there. He looked up at her.

"Did you make this?" He asked as she nodded and handed him the hot chocolate. 

"Do you like it?" She questioned, nervous.

"Like it? I love it! I might steal this when you are asleep!"

They laughed enjoying each other's company in the cosy room. Marinette even brought up some croissants knowing how much he loved them. They spent the night laughing, joking, and talking about their day.

      Chat looked up at Marinette as she went on and on about her newest design, not that he was complaining. He loved seeing her talk about something that made her so happy. The pitter patter of the rain outside, the smell of good food, and her. This was where he was happiest. It was absolutely purrfect. Just like his Princess, his sanctuary.

The end.

Hope you liked it. :)
Bug out

              -Lolkrazy