New Home and Strange Meeting

By the time I ordered room service, my magic had settled. The odd part though, was when I focused on it more, it felt like my magic wasn't warning me about possible dangers; but something else. However, I wasn't going to take any chances. Not ever and especially not now that I have Teddy.

Teddy and I didn't leave the room until it was time to meet the realtor from the agency. Something Teddy wasn't really fond of because we had to get up very early in the morning.

"Mamaaaaa...sleepy..." Teddy pouts while rubbing his eyes. He looks so cute!

"I know honey, but we have to be up early to look for our new house. I will have a snack ready for you but I have to go downstairs to eat."

"Otay...up?" He asks as we walk to the door.

"Of course," I say and pick him up after making sure I have everything in my purse. From the room key to the car key and a map, I cast a cleansing charm on the bed and room before putting walking out. I leave the do not disturb sign on, re-cast the compulsion charms on the door and handle and head to the breakfast are.

"I hope they have tea."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I happily follow the agent driving ahead of me as I listen to some decent music on low volume, letting Teddy sleep.

Breakfast had been nice and they actually did have decent tea. It was so good, I had to take a second cup with me. I don't think they've ever seen anyone so exited over tea. Then again, I am British.

The agent and I drove for some time out of the city and taking a certain exit before we parked at a house for me to see. "Teddy, Teddy honey, it's time to wake up."

"No...sleepy..."

"Tell you what, help me get you out of the car and I will carry you. That way you can sleep as I look at the house okay?"

"Otay." He lifts his arms and I take him out before holding him and locking the car. Once done I turned to the agent.

"Oh my, is he your son?" The realtor, Mrs. Grant asks.

"He is. He's my little wolf."

"Well, I'll try to be as quiet as possible as to not wake him to often." She says and I sigh in relief.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome Ms. Potter. I know the importance of letting toddlers sleep, so that the adults can sleep."

I chuckle as we walk to the house. "From the sound of it, you have children?"

"Yes, I have a son and a daughter and they are my world." She says and then opens the front door. "Are you ready for the tour?"

"I am!" I say and we walk in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was lunch time and Teddy has been awake for a couple of hours now and was hungry. I was surprised his hair hadn't changed with his mood until I notice the faint glow from Row's bracelet.

'She must've added a suppressor of sorts to help hide his ability better.' I think to myself and smile.

Mrs. Grant had shown me five other houses in the span of the last few hours and now we are taking a break to eat. I asked her if she wanted to join me for lunch but she declined with a smile and went back to searching houses for me to look at.

We did exchange our cellphone numbers before going our separate ways for the time being.

I go to a family-owned restaurant to try some Mexican cuisine and smile as I order my food and give Teddy some fruits and chocolate milk. I ordered Fajitas that were recommended by the waiter as a beginner's dish and feed Teddy while also considering the houses Mrs. Grant had shown me.