🌸 One-Shot Results: Part 3 🌸

Hello and good afternoon, participants! 🤗❤

Thank you to our dearest judge MissMaChy23 for taking her precious time to read and judge the books!

Without further ado, here are the results for One-Shot Story entries:

1. Entry: Aesthetic Memories

    Author: HannahRedspring

Criteria:

Book Cover: 4.8/5

I like the book cover although to be honest, I had to read the title, blurb and content first before giving my feedback on this part. At first kasi, I didn’t understand the relevance of the design you used to connote the message of your story. I suggest going for something that exhibits a futuristic design for the background then try to balance it using aesthetic fonts. In that way, you can clearly stand with your book cover that matches your title, blurb, and the content itself.

Title: 5/5

The title itself was intriguing. Honestly, what caught my attention right away was your chosen title; it was unique and creative at the same time; simple yet enticing. It’s actually one of the things I consider when I choose something to read and clearly, you nailed it. Kudos to that!

Blurb: 4.9/5

I love the blurb! It was informative but not in a sense that it’s too revealing. I mean, naroon pa rin naman ang curiosity ko kung paano tatakbo ang kuwento. It’s somewhat subtle at some point wherein a reader will surely can’t wait to dive into the story to feed their curiosity. The only thing I noticed was the lack of proper punctuation marks such as period and comma. Malaki kasi ang nagiging impact nito sa mensahe ng ating mga isinusulat: it can either change the meaning of the latter when unused properly or; it can also make your readers gasp for air while reading without knowing when to pause or stop.  But don’t worry; a little proofreading should do the trick. You still did a great job!

Relevance to the Genre: 15/15

For me, akma naman ang kwentong ito sa genre na iyong napili. Though it falls under science fiction as its sub-genre, you still gave justice to the main genre which manifests the qualities of a one-shot story.

Plot Uniqueness and Creativity: 14.8/15

As I read the whole thing, I might say that it’s somewhat unique. Kakaiba siya in a sense na dinala mo kami sa mundo kung saan mas nagdo-dominate na ang advance technology at intelligence. However, there’s something in it that’s a bit lacking for me. As for me, I suggest to improve or change some words that will make more sense. Lalo sa part kung saan ipinaliwanag kung paano ginawa ang item na ipinadala kay Heather ng mga kaibigan niya.

Example: 

You said: “I programmed it and Randy engineered it.”

Better: “I programmed it and Randy developed it.”

The example mentioned above is one of the things I’ve noticed. Sometimes, it’s better to use simple words because it’s the message of the story that matters more. I hope this helps! ☺

Writing Style: 13/15

Writing style, for me, is by far the most difficult to judge. Not because I’m afraid to be bashed but because I strongly believe that each one of us has our own style in writing and I consider us unique so, I hope what I’m about to share won’t discourage you from improving your craft. ☺