0

I felt it before I knew what it was. It also ended before I knew it.

That would be how I summarized my past life right before I returned.

All my life, I could not recall a moment I was afraid to die. I had always embraced the thought that when I die, I die without regrets. Oh, I stand corrected.

Because who knew that when the moment finally came, I would beg and call all deities and saints I could remember, and with tear-stained cheeks, I prayed hard.

"Please, don't. I cannot leave. I cannot go yet. I don't want to leave him."

However, my prayer fell on deaf ears. None of them listened. They never did anyway.

The moment I knew I was leaving, with a heavy heart, I made my prettiest smile, looked at his face, held it one last time, and wished for the last time.

If I am going to die anyway, I wish I had never met him.

That was before I turned 22 for the second time.

If you were given a chance to return in time, what would you do?

A simple question. And with my expertise in reincarnation and transportation (all thanks to the countless novels and comics I have read), I thought it would be easy. Well, I stand corrected. Because just when I thought it'd be over, you are once again here, beside me.

At this same hospital room where I was clad in a white hospital gown and chained with an IV, pleading me not to go.