infinity war

Summary: Y/N is a new ally of the Avengers. Her powers are reality manipulation, magical energy, and elemental magic, and her enhanced fighting skills. She is closest to Bucky, Sam, and Wanda. She has romantic involvements with Bucky. This is how she played a role in infinity war and what happened when they lost. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stood in the room, staring at Vision lying on the table. They spoke back and forth with T'Challa's younger sister Suri. We were trying to figure out how to remove the stone safely to destroy it without losing him. I could see the pain on Wanda's face. I couldn't imagine what i would do if it were Buck on that table. I could feel eyes on me and when I looked over, Bucky's gaze met mine. His expression was that of deep concern, almost as if he were asking me if I were okay. I nodded. That's when the voice on the overhead warned us of what was coming. Standing by the window, my eyes couldn't help but stayed glued to the explosions around us.  All I could do is pray we were able to fend them off so that Suri could remove this stone. 

"Let's move out," Steve ordered and we all fell in line behind him as we made our way to the field to see what was going on and to prepare to defend Vision. I could feel Bucky's hand on my lower back as he escorted me to the field behind Sam. "We'll be okay," He reassured me and kissed my temple before we stepped onto the grass and made our way to the field. The grass crunched under the hundreds of shoes making their way down the hill. I could see Nat and Steve talking for a moment before the broke off with T'Challa and made their way to the edge of the dome where there stood two tall creatures eyeing this barrier closely. "We got this," Sam said to us, it sounded more like he was reassuring himself more than anyone else. 

"Did they surrender," Bucky asked as we saw Steve walking back towards us. "Not exactly," He mumbled as he looked back out to the field to assess our situation. This was when we felt the rumbling. Our eyes immediately met the small forest further out and saw these massive, rabid looking animals running towards us. They ran into the barrier. As they did, their limbs were being severed. "They're killing themselves," Okoye let out. My eyes met Bucky's, we had never seen this before and we both have seen a lot. I could feel the cool metal from his hand reach down and softly grazed my hand.  

This was when I heard T'Challa ask them to open the barrier. Soon we were all bracing ourselves to fight. "I love you," I mumbled to Bucky. He nodded, "I love you too, doll. Be safe," He let out before we all began running towards the creatures running our way. Soon the black energy flew from my hands and I was throwing the massive beasts away from me. I heard shooting nearby, which I knew was Bucky. It was chaos around me. Everyone fighting one another. I found a spear nearby and grabbed it, I began impaling the creatures as they got closer. It felt like hours of fighting when we felt the earth shaking and soon there were these large metal gears running towards us. Wanda was now with us on the ground. "Watch out," I yelled towards her as I saw one of the aliens throw her across the ground. My voice couldn't carry. I ran towards her and I heard shouting, my gaze averted to Buck who was now in line to be ran over by the metal gears. Soon they were engulfed by the energy. They smashed into the ground about a mile away. "Thanks, doll," he let out as he returned to shooting the beasts coming towards him. 

We found ourselves fighting for hours and that's when I realized I saw Vision being thrown around. I ran over to help and found myself face to face with one of the creatures. Steve was running to us, I knew I had to keep him away from Vision at least until Steve could get here. I threw a rock towards him and it knocked him back. He was up in second, throwing a spear towards me and I ducked. When I was up, I felt a fist hit me hard and I flew back towards the ground. The air was knocked from me and I got back up. We threw punches at each other until soon Steve was there and knocked him down. when we turned, Vision had a spear and impaled the alien in front of us. I was trying to catch my breath and looked around. Everything seemed blurry but I knew this was far from over. That hit probably had given me a concussion and I would be fine. 

I saw a cloud of dust in the distance and soon this massive purple being emerged from the smoke. His hand was dawned in a gauntlet and in that moment I knew that had to be Thanos. Everyone was coming at him hard. I tried to focus my energy on him and soon he was looking at me. I ran towards him and threw things towards him from around, until I reached him and I felt like a ton of bricks slammed into me and I was now whipped against a tree. "Y/N," I heard someone yell in the distance. my whole body was consumed with pain and I couldn't move. This is when I looked up and saw Wanda with Vision. The world went black around me. 

Once I came to, it had to have been minutes later and I saw Thor look at the axe fall to the ground as Thanos disappeared. "Buck," I let out looking around. "Y/N," I heard him reply and he was running towards me. This was when I felt my legs turn to jelly. "What's happening," I let out as I looked up at Steve and Buck. My hands began to disintegrate in front of me. Bucky shook his head, "no," he breathed. I felt a warm tear slide down my cheek as I looked at him, "I'm sorry," I breathed as the world again went black around me.