Saying Sorry

Roman drove to the hospital, and took him inside he stayed by Seth's side the entire time. Seth was quiet, only giving the nurses and doctor one word answers. As soon as they got all the info they needed the doctor asked Roman to leave so they could clean Seth up and tend to his injuries. When Seth heard that he grabbed Roman's hand and began freaking out, not wanting him to leave. Roman hugged Seth telling him he'll be right outside, and as soon as the doctor's done he'll come back in. Seth nodded slowly, Roman then told Seth he was going to call Dean, Seth went to refuse, but Roman told him Dean needed to know so he agreed. Roman left the room and went outside, he paced trying to figure out how to tell Dean, he took a deep breath and took out his phone dialing.

 "Hello?"

 "Dean, it's Roman."

 "Hey Ro, I thought you were coming back with dinner? Dude, you've been..."

 "Dean, it's Seth!" Roman said cutting Dean off.

 "What about him Rome?" Dean asked hearing something strange in Roman's voice.

 "Before I tell you, you need to promise to stay calm!" Roman said.

 "Roman, tell me!" Dean demanded.

 "Promise me!" Roman repeated.

 "Fine, I promise! Now tell me dammit!" Dean answered.

 "I was getting dinner, when Seth called me."

 "I thought he was with Jack?" Dean asked.

 "He was, but Jack..." Roman trailed off.

 "Jack what, Roman? What the hell happened to Seth?" Dean asked starting to panic.

 "Seth called me crying, he needed me to pick him up. Jack had...attacked and tried to...rape him! He got away though and I took him to the hospital, he's being checked out now."

 "WHAT?" Dean yelled, he threw something, Roman heard the crash.

 "Dean, calm down!" Roman ordered.

 "You're kidding me right? How the hell do I calm down after that dead man attacked Seth?" Dean yelled.

 "Seth doesn't need you freaking out! That's why he called me!"

 "Alright, I'm calm. You're right." Dean said taking a deep breath. "Where is he?"

 "I told you, Seth's..."

 "Jack! Where is he?"  Dean said cutting Roman off.

 "Dean, I'm not..."

 "Where. The. Hell. Is. He?" Dean demanded calmly.

 "Why?"

 "I'm going to kill him!" Dean answered calmly, Roman knew Dean well enough to know that wasn't a threat, it was going to happen.

 "Dean, come to the hospital! Seth needs you!" Roman said quickly.

 "I'm on my way!" Dean said hanging up.

 10 minutes later Roman paced the waiting room nervously. He knew Dean had meant what he said about Jack, but he hoped knowing Seth needed him would distract Dean long enough to come so Roman could talk to him. Finally the doors opened and Dean rushed inside, Roman let out the breath he was holding as he met him.

 "Where is he?" Dean demanded.

 "In his room. The doctor said he's going to be fine in a couple of weeks. He's got cuts and bruises, a few stitches, a black eye, broken nose, a couple of broken ribs and a concussion." Roman explained, as Dean listened he became angrier and Roman knew it. "Dean, he's been through hell tonight! I know you're angry, but..."

 "Angry? I by-passed angry Rome, I'm homicidal!" Dean said through clenched teeth cutting Roman off.

 "I' am too, but we need to be there for Seth! He's all that matters right now! He has to stay the night, I won't let you near him until you're calm Dean! I mean it!" Roman said.

 "He's my husband Rome!" Dean stated.

 "Yeah, and he's my brother!" Roman added starring at Dean.

 "You're right Ro, I'm sorry." Dean said as he ran his hands over his face sighing. "I'm calm, I promise."

 "Come on." Roman said leading the way to Seth's room.

 Once there Roman went in first, Seth was laying on his side facing the door, the blanket wrapped tightly around him. He looked at Roman, Roman nodded as Dean came in. Seeing Dean, Seth sat up and began crying. Dean rushed to him and sitting took Seth into his arms holding him tight as he played with Seth's hair trying to calm him.

 "Dean, I'm so sorry! You were right, he was trying to..."

 "Shh...it's okay baby boy!" Dean said gently cutting Seth off. "It's okay, I'm not mad, I'm just glad you're alright!"

 "I love you Dean!" Seth said calming down, he still held tightly to Dean.

 "I love you too Seth! Did he..."

 "No! He tried, but I fought back and got away! I feel like such an idiot!"

 "You're not an idiot Seth!" Dean said as he pulled away and looked into Seth's eyes, holding his face with both hands. "None of this was your fault, you hear me?" Dean said as Seth put his hands over Dean's and nodded his head slowly. "I love you." He said kissing him.

 "You guys want coffee?" Roman asked. "I'm going to get some."

 "I'll take one." Dean answered.

 "Two-Tones?" Roman asked.

 "No, I'm okay." Seth answered leaning on Dean.

 "I'll be back in a few minutes." Roman said leaving.

 "Come on, lay down I'm right here." Dean said as he laid down on the bed, bringing Seth with him.

 "Dean, I'm so sorry I did this to you. I shouldn't have picked him over you."

 "Seth, don't worry about any of that okay.  Everything's forgotten, I promise you! Just close your eyes and try to rest, I love you." Dean said kissing Seth's head.

 "I love you too Dean." Seth answered sleepily.

TBC...