𝟬𝟲. 𝗡𝗢 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗛𝗢𝗟𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗠𝗘

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

SIX | NO CHAINS HOLDING ME

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE COFFEE SHOP WAS packed.

Custom-made rusted wire chandeliers hang overhead and the noise level was at a pleasant buzz. Broad, big tables with comfortable wooden seats, collected from a dismantled boat, were close to the back window. Soo-Jin effortlessly balanced all the coffee cups and snacks in her tray, serving them to all the patrons with ease. Giving everyone a dazzling smile, she returned to the counter and leant against it.

Honestly, she loved the job since the customers were kind to her and very generous and the pay was more than enough to pay her apartment rent.

It was just the son of her boss who was a major asshole.

Seriously, if there was an award for 'biggest asshole of the year', she'd give it to him, undoubtedly.

He was her previous fellow student in SNU. Park Dae-Hyun. They both studied Political Science and she was always ahead of him in the student rank. He despised her for always being the number one student of their class and expressed it numerous times whenever they would see each other outside of the university. Soo-Jin had no idea why all of the mothers he could have, it had to be her boss. Now, whenever he was in the coffee shop, he would boast to her how successful he was now as a lawyer to invoke reactions from her. To his disappointment, however, Soo-Jin doesn't pay him any attention... until now.

There had been numerous times where she wanted to tell her boss about Dae-Hyun's constant pestering, but then always decided against it since Dae-Hyun once threatened her that she would lose her job if she spoke up and he will make sure that she won't get anymore work in Seoul.

"Ya, Chang Soo-Jin," he called her. "Ah, no, no! Waitress! That's right! That's who you are... a waitress."

But, Soo-Jin only passed him, gently placing down her tray. When the next order had been settled, she once again took it and proceeded to the table where it should be served. Unfortunately, Dae-Hyun blocked her path, causing her to glare at him.

"I am working, sir. Kindly step out of my way so I can serve the customers of this café."

"You can only ignore me for so long, Soo-Jin." he taunted. "How does it feel? That I am successful and you're not? You're always going to be this café's waitress. Boys! Come here! This is the girl I've..."

Soo-Jin gave him a tight-lipped smile and stepped to his side to get away from him. Walking back to the counter, she caught sight of a familiar brown business card hidden beneath one of the glasses. Picking it up, she read a location and time and quickly knew that it was where she will be picked up if she decides to return.