One

I arrived after a long trip by train. It was tiring and almost killed me by boredom. Pelican  town. A small close community. Not what a city guy like me is used to.

I throw my bag over my shoulder as I step off and walk calmly towards the town itself. I wasn’t very social and I don't remember a lot of these people despite  living here with grandpa in my younger years. 

“Ahh [y/n]! Oh how you have grown, you were only a little boy last time I saw you.” The man chuckled walking closer

“Nice to see you too lewis. How is the old farm?” I smiled  giving him a light hug which he accepted happily, Lewis and my grandpa were close so i was too naturally  when living here.

“ Ahh [f/n] farm is pretty runned down. You are going to have to clean it out, sorry my boy” he patted my shoulder before waving at me and heading to the store.

The town hasn’t changed much since i was here, i am glad. I jog to my house,  looking at the land. “That book will have to wait i guess” i sighed

I placed my things just inside, shutting the door behind me. Maybe I should visit the ocean. I miss going on the little boat with grandpa and my little sister.

Too exhausted to socialize, I walk past the townsfolk  and they stare at me, slightly confused.  My walk turned into a comfortable run, wanting to get there as fast as I could. That was soon stopped as a body stood in my path, causing me  to lose balance falling into the arms of the other.

I look up slightly to see a very attractive man holding me so I wouldn’t fall “ are you okay? I apologize if I came out of nowhere”he smiled softly, showing he was okay as he patiently waited for my answer. I blushed, scanning his features slowly before snapping out of it when I heard him chuckle.

“S-sorry uh  yeah I’m gay- I mean okay!” I panicked slightly “shit [y/n] why would you panic like that in front of a handsome man like that?” I’m  brought back  by the man smirking and giggling a bit.

“I’m handsome  huh? Thank you [y/n]”

“Shit- I said that out loud. Sorry.  I mean you are attractive  but that must be weird to hear from a person you never have met” They aren’t going to like me now-

“No no, it's quite fine. You are stunning though so i'll let it slide” he smiled  before realizing he was holding me close to him. “Apologies. I was trying to prevent you from falling i-“

“Its fine. “ i laughed and hugged them before standing up properly. “A thank you. Oh, I don't know your name! You heard mine though.”

“Oh my name is Elliott,  I live in the little cabin on the beach right here”.I Stared at him as he gestured over to a small building. His long hair flew calmly in the gentle breeze, his soft eyes looking at me. 

Shit. “What a nice little cabin! I live on [f/n] farm, not a pretty sight yet” i said, panicked at the thought of him thinking i was staring at him. I thought.

“Ah so you are the rumoured farmer. Do you like it or is it more of a hobby” he walked slowly to the dock and hung his legs off the edge. I followed and did the same.

“Yes, yes I am and I’d say it’s more of a part time job mixed with a hobby. At my old place in the city, my grandpa gave me a plant from his farm on my birthday, the plant was eventually going to die so i made it into this on my own”

I slowly took off my thin necklace with a dew drop resin shape, within the clear resin was  a small pointy leaf  with a purple and blue petal.  I held it in my hand  and showed Elliott who carefully looked at it then smiled putting it back on me.

“It's stunning. You both took care of the flower well. I have a flower but it's not doing that well. Maybe you can come back and help me with it?” He  glanced at me as if looking for my reply.

“Sure why not, it's not like I have anything to do anyways” I pat his shoulder lightly.

I feel like this is the start of a beautiful friendship.