Playing Cupid #1

Disclaimer~ I don't own One Piece this is only a fanfiction 👌

SANJI'S POV

Sanji had a crowd of people around him as he brought his peanut butter banana souffle out of the oven of the home ec classroom he was in. It, of course, was perfectly airy and light. He placed the pan on the counter and quickly poured chocolate sauce he had made while his souffle was in the oven. souffles were very delicate pastries, you had to serve them as soon as they came out of the oven. He gave one last squeeze of the bottle of chocolate sauce, then added a few thinly sliced bananas to the top. Eyes watching his every move as he brought the dish to the front of the room where the teachers desk was located.

Mr. Zeff was always tough when it came to grading sanji. While everyone else was graded on how well they could bake a simple chocolate chip cookie, he would assign sanji impossibly hard dishes like this. Sanji wasn't one to run away from a challenge though, especially one involving cooking. With each and every challenge assigned he blew past all expectations, weather savory or sweet there was no stopping sanji. He hadn't been exclusively watching the food network with his mother and older sisters to let a simple souffle stump him.

Mr. Zeff inspected the dish carefully, gently tapping his fork against the side of the dish, checking to see if it was fully cooked. slowly, he put his fork through the top of the souffle, avoiding most of the banana slices for now. When he brought his fork back up, a moist delicious, fully cooked cake came with it.

"HA! I bet you thought you were really gonna stump me with this one." Sanji exclaimed, a triumphant grin spreading across his face. He couldn't wait to see the look on the old man's face when he actually tasted it. After all these months the blonde was only able to manage a few "its edible" comments from the retired chef. It made him so angry because when he makes food for anyone else in the class, anyone else at all actually, he made their heads literally explode from the flavor.

"Quite down BOY! I haven't even tasted it yet. cooking is more than just appearances, you probably wouldn't know anything about that though huh?" Zeff teased, cackling loud enough for the room next door to hear. It made sanji's blood boil when Zeff acted like he couldn't cook, he had shown the old man time and time again just how amazing his food was.

"Oi! I know that much at least, why don't you just eat it before it gets cold old man! you'll see just how good my cooking really is." Sanji didn't like getting worked up over simple teasing but he couldn't just stand here while his cooking was being scrutinized.

Zeff lifted the fork full of souffle up to his nose, gave a soft sniff, then finally took the bite. The whole class held their breath as he slowly chewed. His brow raised just a fraction but it was enough for Sanji to see. He bit the inside of his cheek, the anticipation was killing him. After what felt like an eternity Zeff finished chewing, "not half bad." he said face still, not a trace of emotion visible.

"Not half bad my ass! Even you have to admit that was good." Sanji was fuming, he had made countless souffles in the past week getting ready for this moment and he would not settle for a lousy "not half bad". Although he guessed it was better than the usual "its edible" comments he got before. "Just you wait till next week, I'll make something so delicious even you will have to admit it's awesome.

"I'll be looking forward to it then, it best be better than this puny souffle to get a praise that high from me." a booming laugh escaping his mouth again. Sanji wondered how the neighboring teacher wasn't coming over every twenty seconds to yell at the man to shut up. Before Sanji could make a retort the bell rang and kids were rushing out of the room. With a defeated sigh Sanji turned to get his bag, and walked out of the room. It brought him comfort knowing the teacher didn't believe in wasting food at least, he would make sure to eat every last bite.