FOUR | HONEY TO FLOWERS

HMG RECORDING STUDIOS

"You know you'd blow a lot of these female artists out of the water. You stay out of the media and you're very talented, gotta applaud it." Wiz commented as he continuously twisted in the rolling chair.

"I appreciate it, it took me a while just to get where I am now," Shen said as she briefly smiled at him before letting her head fall back to look at her hands fidgeting in her lap. "What about you?"

He stopped spinning in his chair and looked at her before responding with a "What you mean?"

"You know...this whole living life in the public eye thing. I don't see you in the media nor do I see you on any blogs often. Hell, the last time I saw you on the shade room was because of you rocking a damn bonnet." She said making both of them laugh.

"For real though I don't know. I just smoke weed." He said as he swung the blunt that was in his hand around with a silly smirk on his face. "And mind my business, life gets no simpler than that." 

"Man I wish life was that simple. It's been hectic since my mom's passing." She said as she watched his face transition into a look of concern.

"I'm sorry, how long has it been?"

"It's been a little over a year but you never get over something as life-changing as losing a parent. I haven't moved from my bed since, the past year has been something." A low sarcastic chuckle left her lips.

"I couldn't imagine life without my moms and pops, the last year has been tough for me too though. Not to compare my petty shit to you losing your mother."

"To each their own. Whatever it was could've been hard for you to get through, we ain't gotta compare our experiences." She said making him nod his head in agreement. "What happened though?"

"Me and my old girl had a really bad breakup but I never really dealt with it how I was supposed to..." Shen cut him off.

"Don't give her that power." She said as he looked at her lost.

"What?"

"I can tell by the way your face just shifted when you spoke about it that it still affects you. Don't give her that power." He just stared at her as if he was still processing what she had said. "Have you cried?"

"No, I'm a grown-ass man." She tossed her head back and groaned dramatically, frustrated by his response.

"I'm tired of men and this toxic masculinity bullshit."