Chapter 5: Explanation

(Originally posted on October 17, 2021 at 1:26am EST, changed in author's note "consuming" to "confusing")

Nunnally stared at him, waiting. Suzaku looked to the side and fumbled his fingers, "I'm sorry about that. You know I'm busy and might not have a lot of time to talk to you. However, I will try to squeeze in some time for you. I promise, Nunnally." The girl then pointed to his stomach, "Your stomach is unusually bigger and you said to Lelouch that there is three months to go before someone is here. I don't know who but explain that to me." Shit, she heard that part. Well, cat is out of the bag now, might as well tell her.

Suzaku took a slow, deep breath and finally looked at Nunnally directly. He also stopped fumbling his fingers, instead, keeping his hands still and flat on his sides. "Okay...the truth is that...I'm pregnant with your brother's child. Well actually, children." Nunnally smiled brightly and wheeled close to him, to feel the babies.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I'm happy...uh, Zero," she made sure to look around so that the coast was clear of any eavesdroppers, "I'm going to be a auntieee. However, though you're bigger, you are not big enough for the babies. Are you eating enough?" Suzaku gave a sheepish smile and shrugged at her. He tries, but he knows that it's not enough. Nunnally saw this as a 'no' and frowned. "You need food Suzaku. If you're craving something, don't hold is back." That simple statement caused Suzaku to quietly but sharply gasp.

That is his problem, because he didn't want to get so fat and feel even more insecure of himself, he has been resisting the cravings and eat less than he should. But now, with that simple encouragement from his husband's sister, he vows to eat better. Suzaku leans down and hugs Nunnally, "Thank you and see you again someday. I have to go now." Nunnally hugs him back, nodding her head.

"Goodbye Suzaku, and thank you for telling me."
————————————————————-
C.C was watching the scene from afar, she knew it that Suzaku was probably pregnant. But she admits that she didn't know Suzaku was carrying Lelouch's baby. But maybe it shouldn't be a surprise, Lelouch has been enamored with Suzaku for as long as she could remember from their conversations. C.C planned on just isolating herself from others for a while and be on her own path, whatever it is. But now, she decides to make some time to drop in on Suzaku. To offer any support and assistance that she can give. It's the least she could do for Lelouch, who made her happy and realize that life is worth living.

She follows Suzaku as he passes through many streets and alleyways. Though it was difficult when it came up, she managed to follow him as he climbs many gates and walls and jump from building to building. When he finally managed to return to his secret spot, C.C found a half opened window and took out a bottle, drinking it to shrink herself a bit. Managing to slip inside. She sees Suzaku heading to the bathroom and sees it as an opportunity to drink another potion to get to normal size. To wait for him, she lays down on his couch, taking out her phone she bought a while back and play on it.

Twenty minutes later, Suzaku comes back to the living room all cleaned up and dressed, he noticed C.C and yelped loudly. Jumping back a bit in shock. "Green haired girl! You scared me...! Besides, how did you find me and get inside here?" C.C snorted and sat up. After a few minutes of silence, she finally answered.

"I'm here to be of any assistance to you or your child. To start off, you need to eat more, no negotiations." She got up and took his hand, dragging him towards the kitchen. Suzaku didn't even know what to say. But he does feel like C.C is telling the truth, therefore, she is allowed to be the boss for a bit. All he has to do is keep his mouth shut and listen.

This last trimester is going to be fun, huh.

He can't wait. 🙄

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! The next chapter is going to involve a time skip because to be honest, I don't see this book as one of my very long term ones. So while making sure it doesn't sound confusing, too rush and more, I'm kinda speeding things up and doing time skips here and there. Anyways, that's it, thanks for reading and supporting this book!)