As everyone got into position, Higgs couldn't find Merida still. He was getting worried when she came around the corner and stood next to him nonchalantly. He could smell the faint smell of sweat on her.

"Where have you been?" he asked from the side of his mouth.

"I had to take care of something."

"That makes me worried."

"Ye worry too much."

Higgs made a face as the music started so that the ceremony could be underway.

*******************

Jamison looked out from the elevated part of the church as he stood next to his older brother when he spotted something out of the corner of his eyes. He looked over and saw that it was Phabyl, flagging him down. She thumbed to the back of the church and he looked up. He tried to stifle a laugh as he elbowed Radek. He motioned for him to look and Radek nudged Kans.

"Any guess as to who did that?" he whispered and motioned.

Kans looked to the back and grinned widely. "That was my wedding present." He whispered back.

The music began and everyone started down the aisle to the front of the church. Davros proudly walked Catherine down the aisle as everyone watched. He helped her up the small stairs and then kissed her cheek. When they were settled, Kans lifted Catherine's veil and she grinned at him. He grabbed her hands and flicked his eyes towards the audience. She turned a little and saw Phabyl, who directed her gaze towards the back. Upon seeing it, Catherine tried not to laugh as Cucklehorn started with his speech.

*****************

The ceremony went without a hitch and everyone was invited to the reception which was -again- at Margaret's mansion. Just as Kans was about to leave the church, he saw his father standing at the end of the walk. Catherine leaned into her husband.

"What the hell does he want?"

"I'm not sure. Get in the carriage and I'll see what it is."

"Surely he isn't angry about Velvet."

"Even if he was, it's not my fault."

Catherine looked at him in worry. "Don't let him bully ya."

"Not today, pet." He said, kissing her cheek.

Catherine walked past Baldorian without so much as a curtsy. She slammed the carriage door shut as Baldorian turned back to Kans, who was approaching cautiously.

"Wh-what do you need, Father?"

"Nothing at all. I wanted to congratulate you again."

"Yes, of course."

"I meant what I said about your marriage."

"Of course."

"I have to say that that feisty Scotswoman that challenged me... she must be the woman I've heard so much about in the letters from Jami."

"Yes, she is."

"She's quite intriguing. I don't think I've ever felt threatened by another human being more than I was of her. My instincts were on fire. Wherever did Higgs get her?"

"From what I understand, she found him. She's definitely one of a kind."

"She must be a good friend of yours for her to lash out so vehemently."

"That's just how she is in general. She doesn't take kindly to those preying on those of misfortune. But yes, she is my friend."

"Hold onto her. She's a good woman... like your mother."