〔20〕

┎┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┒
• ɢᴏᴅsᴇɴᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ •

┎┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┒• ɢᴏᴅsᴇɴᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ •

┖┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┚

Play that youtube video above on loop guys for this whole chapter (or pick out your favourite collection or war-themed music and then read this chapter anything works!). More importantly, have fun!

This chapter will contain graphic depictions of violence, physical harm, bloodshed, gore and mention of death. Viewer's discretion is heavily advised.

I DO NOT promote violence or the idea of harm. This is just a fictitious visualiation of war.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

With the dust settling around them, the two men clash like fierce lions fighting for their honor. As their duel continues, the intensity gets stronger and stronger.

Shangho swings with all his might, striking Han-gyeol with a stroke so rough that it sends him stumbling back. Shangho wallops his shield right into Han-gyeol, another deadly thwack centred right at this chest.

"Why did you do it?!" Shangho is flooded with sadness and doubt. He lunges forward, delivering another blow.

"I had to protect the prince!" Han-gyeol finally reverts, raising his arm and blocking the attack. He swiftly turns, reaching Shangho's side and gives the other a kick.

"Liar!" The suspicion glutting Shangho grows.

The blades of their swords slide against one another, a sharp clanging of their weaponry piercing into their ears and reverberating around them. They collide again in the thrill of the battle, the feeling of conflict igniting inside them.

Shangho's rage is an inferno that engulfs him. He gives Han-gyeol a hard push. He strikes Han-gyeol with his shield, lifting it high and landing a blow to Han-gyeol's jaw.

With quick reflexes, Han-gyeol evades and in an instant, his sword plunges into and then out of Shangho's chest. Shangho halts, feeling his own sword drop from his hand. Averting his gaze from the defector, he looks down at the weapon jutted into his chest. Blood oozes out of his wound, trailing down his armour as he descends to his knees.

"I never took you for a turncoat, Han-gyeol." Shangho grunts, losing his breath with each slow, passing second.

And he falls.