01

"OH MY GOD!! MIN-SEOK I GOT IN!" The young girl screamed at the top of her lungs

She jumped up and down on her bed as she looked at her laptop's screen. Her eyes sparkled with happiness, tears prickling at the corner of her eyes.

"Guess who also got in?!" The boy exclaimed from the other side of the phone.

Su-bin loudly gasped as she looked at her phone, "No way! You got in too?!"

"That's right!" He answered, a smile plastered on his face.

"OH MY GOD! MIN-SEOK WE'RE BOTH IN UNIVERSITY!! YAAAAY!" Su-bin exclaimed. 

"Of course we are. We're both quite smart." Min-seok said proudly.

Shaking her head, Su-bin chuckled, "You mean I am. You barely passed most of your subjects boo."

"Fine! Do you just want the praise?" Min-seok sulkily asked. 

Su-bin nodded her head, humming an 'mhm' to the boy. Even though it was pitch black outside the building, Su-bin felt so energetic and she had the urge to do something.

"Do you want to meet up tomorrow?" She asked.

Min-seok sighed, "Sorry Binnie but, my mum keeps nagging about buying things for uni so, I have to go shopping with her."

"Aww, oka-"

"SU-BIN! STOP TALKING!" A girl shouted, storming into the room.

"Is that Hee-young? Well, that's my cue to go~" Min-seok sang and ended the call.

Su-bin looked up to her friend and frowned, "Why?" She pouted which made Hee-young groan.

"It's two am. I'm trying to sleep so... please be quiet." Hee-young sleepily said.

Nodding her head, Su-bin apologized, "Sorry, I'll go to sleep now."

As Su-bin closed her laptop, she got out of her bed to set up her blankets but halted as she looked at Hee-young. The girl was still awkwardly standing in her room with a blank expression.

"Hee-young?" Su-bin lightly called out.

Hee-young looked at Su-bin, "Oh- um... congrats on getting into uni."

Su-bin brightly smiled, she waddled over to her and gave her a tight hug. "Thank you!" 

Hee-young loosened Su-bin's grip and rolled her eyes at the sincerity. "Whatever. Good night loser."

"Good night!" 

WITH only a few hours of sleep, Su-bin opened up her eyes as she felt the warm rays hit her eyes. Looking at where the sun came from, the golden silk rays emitted through the beige thin curtains.

Sitting up, Su-bin yawned feeling her heavy eyelids trying to shut again. Immediately, the girl got up from her bed and opened her eyes wide.

She took a glance at her phone, and she noticed that there was not a single sound of chattering or walking. Her phone read '5:30 am' which made the girl internally groan.

"Well, duty calls." She mumbled as she walked towards her bathroom.

She aimlessly thought about what things she had to do for her job whilst brushing her teeth. Her eyes raked over the multiple sticky notes on her bathroom mirror, making her smile.

It was the countless notes that she wrote for her exams in high school. Everything felt so weird to her when she thought about her school but, nonetheless, she kept going forward.

Slowly, Su-bin got ready and as she headed out of her room the time was now six o'clock. Walking towards the open kitchen that was straight ahead of her room, Su-bin looked at her schedule that was plastered on the kitchen counter.

One of the head maids would always keep a list of what she had to do for the day. Her eyes raked over the list and she nodded her head with determination.

"Okay, I'll start with making breakfast and then I'll book the appointments," Su-bin mumbled, tying her hair up in a ponytail.