Chapter 9: Beyond The Border

This version of me right now...

is who I hate the most...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I have thought thoroughly about Ines Archambault's power, I decided to find her... But she is nowhere to be seen inside the hotel. So, I asked Amelia " Have you seen Ines? "

Amelia seem rather worried for her, " Um... Nessi- I mean Ines hasn't come back since yesterday." My eyes widened to hear the news, something does feels off. " I had searched for her everywhere, yet no one has saw her ever since last night... she said she want to look around the northern side of Paris after we ate dinner..." Amelia continued.

I put my hand on my chin, logically she would always come back since she knows the hotel is the only place she can stay. In a flash, I was reminded by Dante's information yesterday " The House of Constantin has caught a wind about the ability of that new friend of yours."

" I see..." I was seriously listening to him.

Dante leaned towards the table fearfully, " ...But, more importantly! From what I heard, lately in Altus..."

It came to my senses. If my speculation is correct, then she must be...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...

This feeling is somewhat familiar...

I got up to found myself sitting on a bed, covered in a blanket and my wounds were treated...

...So, I did fainted...

Looking around this small bedroom, bricked wall... It seem like a knight's bedroom... More Importantly, who changed my clothes? I'm wearing a clean white night gown... Where are my clothes?

I heard someone's footsteps from outside... when I take a peek from a slit of the door, there's the woman who attacked me last night outside of the door. I hurriedly sat down at the bed before she come in. " Good, you're awake. My master has called for you, please wash yourself and get dressed. " She lend me her clothes.

While I was following her, I gazed at the window and what I see was a red sky as if it's inside a giant spider web. Clearly, I'm no longer at Paris.

 Clearly, I'm no longer at Paris

"...Can I ask you a question?"

She halted and look back at me, waiting for my question.

"Where are we?"

"We are at Carbunculus Castle in Altus Paris. "

...

...... THE. HELL.

Altus Paris... the place beyond the border where vampires lives, I had heard that humans can cross the barrier as long as they touch a vampire. There's no way for me to leave here without a vampire to accompany me... Better if I don't do anything stupid...

That aside... I am still bewildered by her soft pale skin, hair of pink rose, and eyes like golden star despite how scary she was before. 'But pink flames... and a crimson gauntlet... could she be...?' As we continue to walk the hall way I ask, "May I ask for your name, miss?"

"I'm Jeanne."

When I heard that name, it occurred to me... "IT IS YOU!" I shouted out in amazement!

She was shocked to hear my scream and quickly cover my mouth. "Be quiet!" she whispered.

'JEANNE. THE HELLFIRE WITCH, JEANNE IS COVERING MY MOUTH!' it's the coolest thing that ever happened in my life!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This particular lady in front of me was staring at me with her eyes sparkled. 'EEEHH!? Why is she seemed excited!?'

"Why did you suddenly screamed like that!?" I released my hand.

"You're the hellfire witch, right?" asked the weird girl happily.

"...Yes..." I answered hesitantly. What about it?

"I WANT YOUR AUTOGRAPH."

I gaped... "...HUH?" Did I just heard it wrong?

"I'm sorry that I sprayed you... I promise I'll make it up to you... Can I please have your autograph?" She begged me with a puppy eyes... She is determined to get my autograph...

What... Yesterday she was scared to death, Now she want my signature!? Why would anyone wants an autograph from a bourreau anyway...? I tilted my head confusedly... "...Uh..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hellfire Witch is still an iconic figure in my era... she even became a cool character in box office movies!! This is an opportunity!

"...Jeanne." We both turn our head to see a gorgeous long gray tone haired woman wearing a guard uniform. "I heard a scream. What is going on?" She glanced at both of us.

"Lady Dominique! I'm sorry to disturb. This woman screamed out of nowhere..." Jeanne apologized...

So, her name is Dominique... She observed me closely... "...This human...?"

"Don't call me "human"... That's just racist..." with a flat expression I said.

She ignored me and say, "Anyway, Master Lucius was waiting. You both should go." She doesn't even apologize...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finally arrived at the front door... once Jeanne open the door it reveals to be a beautiful massive green house... decorated with birdcages... As we were walking, I feel pressured... What is her master look like...?

Then I see a child and a man in chains... that child come to Jeanne, "Oh, Jeanne! You finally brought her here. I was worried when I heard about your eyes... Is it all right?" it's adorable to see him care for her.

"It's much better, Master Luca. I took a medicine."Jeanne kindly replied. But, WAIT. Master Luca...?

"Thank you for bringing her safelyJeanne." He smiled then look at me seriously, "I apologize for my rudenessmademoiselle. My name is Luca, this my brother Loki and you have met my chevallier, Jeanne." He politely introducedhimself "Mademoiselle Ines Archambault, I heard about you... They say you havethe power to erase the blue moon's curse." He continued.

Hmm... how do I explain this...? "Well... about that... I do have the power... but it's not here. It's in a factory at the other Paris." I continue to explain the fact that I can't lift a curse and only weakened Vanitas power...

They all stayed silence... it's an awkward silence, I don't like this atmosphere... "So, you haven't realized it?" The man with black eyes and green pupil said... he sighed. I'm not sure what he meant...

"Mademoiselle Ines... we can't smell any scent from you... Jeanne reported to me that she hardly sensed your presence. We heard that you were able to altered formula the same as the human who called himself Vanitas."

Author's Note: I'm sorry for the delay... Lately, i didn't have much time to write... I hope you guys love this chapter.