Chapter 3

"Okay, I might need your help," Neville said after their next potion class in which Snape yelled at him so loudly people expected the glass around them to break. Stella turned around with a big smile plastered on her face and nodded, "Sure! Meet me in the library tonight after dinner?" Neville nodded and walked away, his cheeks burning.

When Stella walked into the library she was showered with the smell of old books, parchment, and ink. This was her favorite place to spend time in. During her first week, when no students were around she used to spend hours here every day until Dumbledore or some of the other professors came by to get her to eat something.

Lizzie was shocked when the new girl told her she was going to the library the first day. She didn't even know where the library was. Most of the time Stella would see a Gryffindor girl around. She would smile at her every time causing Hermione to frown. Stella usually carried muggle books with her, wanting to take a break from the magic world around her.

She slid in the chair on the far end, surrounded by books. She knew she was early so she decided to get up and find books that would help them with researchers. While putting her textbooks and pens on the table she noticed a petite, blonde girl at the table on the other side. She looked closely and saw that a girl was reading a magazine upside down causing Stella to frown before gasping.

"Is that Quibbler a magazine written in Runes!?" Stella asked knowing they were far away from so Madam Prince couldn't hear them.

The girl's head snapped towards Stella, her eyes shining. "Almost no one knows about this magazine. People think I'm weird for reading it this way!"

Stella giggled, "That's the only way you can read it properly," she mumbled and got up, "Sorry for being annoying-"

"You are not," the other blonde answered softly, her voice so low and calm Stella felt like she could just fall asleep and have the sweetest dreams while listening to this girl.

She smiled widely and noticed the Ravenclaw robes on the girl, "Is that an old issue?"

"This one is the first actually!"

"No!" Stella gasped, "I've been trying so long to get my hands on this one. Where did you get it?"

"My dad writes it," the girl informed while Stella just stared at her.

"No," Stella shook her head, making the other one laugh lightly.

"Yes," she answered, "I'm Luna Lovegood," Stella shook her hand and smiled widely, "Stella Jones."

"I know who you are," Luna answered and went back to reading, "everybody does." Stella blushed and ran her hand through her hair.

"Well-"

"You can read it while we are here," Luna said and handed the magazine to Stella who was staring at it.

"I-I would love to, but the thing about me and this magazine is that I can't put it down until I read everything, and right now I'm supposed to tutor someone," she said, her shoulders dropping.

"Oh," Luna whispered, "I usually wouldn't mind giving it to you, but this is the only one I have from this issue."

"It's okay, don't worry about it," Stella reassured.

"Okay then, I'll be here until you finish your tutoring so I can give it to you when you are done?"

"You don't have to do that," Stella said and she shrugged, "I don't mind."

At that moment Neville appeared, breathing heavily, his cheeks red. "Are you okay?" Stella asked worriedly and he nodded.

"Yeah, I was just running," he mumbled, making both girls frown, "Oh hey, Luna!"