Chapter 15

The mood in the castle after Yule Ball became excited and tense again. Everyone was looking forward to the third task which was right behind the corner. Stella wasn't exactly worried, she knew exactly what she could and couldn't do and the could list was much longer. Although Stella wasn't worrying, it couldn't be said for the others. Harry was practicing hexes at every available moment, and Madam Maxime wouldn't let Fleur any free moment for herself. Stella offered to work with Fleur but Madam Maxime was against it so they didn't spend much time with each other besides during meals. It didn't help knowing the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students were leaving three days after the third task.

On the day of the third task Stella finished her breakfast in the emptying Great Hall. Her friends wished her luck and left her alone. She made her way to the Ravenclaw table and sat next to Fleur. She was just staring blankly and Stella squeezed her thigh letting her know things were going to be fine.

"I'm scared," Fleur said for the first time ever and Stella smiled softly.

"I know, but I think this task will be easier than the last two."

"But what if it's not?" She looked at her, "I didn't even finish the last task, what if-"

"No. There's no what if, you are going to do your best and it will be more than enough. I believe in you." She said and kissed her.

"Thank you," Fleur whispered, "I'm just glad I can call a Triwizard champion my girlfriend."

"Fleur-"

"Stella," she interrupted, "you will win this. I know it. And you absolutely deserve it."

"We'll see," she smiled.

"Now get up, I want you to meet someone." Stella frowned but took her hand and got up. She noticed Harry sitting at the Gryffindor table and waved. Fleur and Stella crossed to the side chamber and entered. Krum slouched off to join them shortly afterward. Harry stayed where he was. He really didn't want to go into the chamber. He had no family — no family who would turn up to see him risk his life, anyway. He thought how Stella was in the same situation but she was probably going to meet Fleur's parents. But just as he was getting up the door of the side chamber opened, and Stella stuck his head out. "Harry, come on, they're waiting for you!" Utterly perplexed, Harry got up. He walked across the Hall and opened the door into the chamber. Viktor Krum was over in a corner, conversing with his dark-haired mother and father in rapid Bulgarian. He had inherited his father's hooked nose. On the other side of the room, Fleur was jabbering away in French to her mother. Fleur's little sister, Gabrielle, was holding her mother's hand, and Stella standing nearby waiting to be introduced. She smiled at Harry, who grinned.

"Surprise!" Stella heard a woman say, she looked like she could be Ron's mother. "Thought we'd come and watch you, Harry!" She bent down and kissed him on the cheek. "You all right?" said a tall guy, grinning at Harry and shaking his hand. "Charlie wanted to come, but he couldn't get time off." Stella watched this interaction closely until Fleur called for her.

"Stella," she smiled, "this is my mother Moulin."

"Mrs. Delacour," Stella shook her hand, "it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"Pleasure is all mine, dear," Mrs. Delacour smiled widely, "I heard a lot about you, and I have to thank you for keeping my girls safe."

Stella looked at Gabrielle who was smiling and shook her head, "It was nothing, really."

"I want you to know," the older woman started, "I'm going to sit there and cheer for you as much as I am cheering for my daughter. Okay?" Stella just nodded and her eyes teared up.