Broken

She woke up shuddering. It had been a while since she'd re-lived that day. She preferred not to remember. People may have considered her a cold-blooded murderer but she had her reasons for what she did or at least that was what she liked to tell herself. She yawned and looked over at the man silent beside her. She'd slipped a little something in his drink last night. Enough to kill him she hoped. She reached over and felt for a pulse; There wasn't one. She smiled softly.

With a sigh she pulled herself out of the bed. Her dress had been thrown in the corner of the room last night. She walked over and picked it up tucking it away in her tiny suitcase. She walked over to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror. Her hair was a tangled mess and her makeup was smudged. Her scars slightly visible through the cracks in the makeup. She felt unnecessary panic building up in her chest as she wiped the makeup away making the scars fully visible. There were three scratch marks down her face. All three from her dad. Tears began to build in her eyes but she ignored them, willing them not to fall.

After a minute she calmed down and re did her makeup hiding the scars once again. She picked a dress and slipped it on. She had very few things. Just enough to survive.

She looked in the mirror again and saw a very different person to the girl who'd looked back at her minutes ago. The woman who looked back at her now was strong with bold makeup and a tight dress that accentuated certain parts of her body. Her hair tidy. Now she liked the person she was looking at. She admired herself in the mirror. Her looks were what she used to lure in men. Apparently, sex appeal was reason enough to jump into bed with a stranger.

Suddenly, her phone rang dragging her back to the room. She knew it could be only be one person, Wyatt. He was her informant. He'd find her victims, fill her in on them, their history and then she'd decide if they deserved death. He was the only person she considered a friend.

"Where?" She asked as she answered.

"No hi Wyatt, how are you, Wyatt??" his teasing tone was what she like best about him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Hi Wyatt, how are you? Now down to business where?"

He sighed "A whole year and your still no better. Ok fine meet me in Vegas, Caesar's palace. He'll be there as well"

"Ok good." She said hanging up before he had time to answer.