Chapter 1: Almost-Part I

Let's take it slow (so slow)
Anywhere you wanna go
Baby for you, I'll lay it on the line.
You oughtta know (oughtta know)
Boy I ain't got nowhere to go
I'll give it to you, only to you
We've got to take it real slow....

Shailene Trammell stands in front of her mirror, looking at her pale face wearing only her bathrobe as she listen to one of her favourite songs. She's nervous as hell as she prepares for her first formal dinner date.

Oh yes! Finally, she agreed on having a dinner date with her high school friend Sammuel Guevara. Well let's just say that Sam is more than just a friend, but hey they both agreed in finishing high school first before committing to each other.

15 minutes later, she's still starring at herself not knowing what to do until her phone rang.

Sam calling....

Her eyes widen and she took a deep breath before pressing the accept button.

"Shai! hi" Sam says energetically

"Uhm, Hi" Shai whispered

"so...I just called to remind you that tonight is our dinner"

"ah yeah" Shai answered breathlessly

"is something wrong? You know you can still cancel this if you're not comfortable with it" Sam says, worry is evident in his voice.

"oh no, no, no. nothing is wrong Sam. Sorry, I'm just...nervous. Well we've planned this thing for so long now and I don't want to ruin everything. Besides I'll be fine, I'm sure this nervousness will ebb away once you get here." Shai responded, cheerfully this time.

Sam smiled on the other line and said "Alright, see you later."

"see you" then they ended the call.

Shai looked at the mirror once again and saw how red her face is.

"aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!"

"Lelene, anak ano problema? Bakit ka nasigaw?" Nana Fiona, their helper, is now knocking on her door worried.

"ah haha nana wala po ito, sorry po"

"o sige anak, kung may kailangan ka magsabi ka lang at bababa na ako"

"okay nana"

Shai took another deep breath and start to move, not wanting to make her date wait.

After an hour............

*knock...knock...knock*

"Come in"

"Hi dear" Shais' mother is now inside her room looking at how beautiful her daughter is. She walked to where her daughter is and turned her around so they face each other.

"look at you, all so grown up and is now going on her first date" tears evident on her mothers eyes.

"nanay, please this is not my first date. I've been going out with Sam for years now, it's not like I'm getting married"

"oh but this is your first formal date dear, and don't spoil my moment here. I'm just proud seeing how beautiful and elegant you look. Here. You wear this." She gave her daughter a gold necklace with a heart shaped pendant.

"wow, it's beautiful, thanks nanay." Shai turned around and her mother put the necklace on her.

"your father gave this to me on our first date as a married couple. He is actually the one who suggested that I give this to you tonight." Her mother said.

Mrs. Kristen Back-Tramell, is Shailenes mother. She's a successful accountant at P&G. Happily married to Mr. Sebastian Trammell, a College professor at DLSU Faculty of History and research. They both love each other so much. They have two kids, their first born is Steven Trammell who is now based in New York, Steven is a Civil Engineer specialist at ARUP, very successful at his age of 27. Mr. and Mrs. Trammell's princess and youngest is Shailene Trammell. Shailene is an incoming college student at UP Diliman, she graduated high school at Manila Science High School a month ago. They have a happy family, loving parents and crazy offsprings.

Shailene faced her mother, smiled and hug her.

"thanks nanay, where is tatay anyway?"

"Right here baby" Her dad said, leaning on her door.

"Hey dad" She walked towards her father and hugged him as well.

"thanks for giving me this guys" Shai smiled at them lovingly referring to the necklace.

"okay, lets all go downstairs and wait for my baby's date" Mr. Trammell says.

****