Past Demons and new Dreams

No one's pov

When All Might had managed to defeat and apprehend All for One's confidante, and get all the islanders to Musutafu. He filled in to the police and commission. It made him feel horrible and sick to think that All for One would go so far as to make the lives of innocent islanders so painful.

He was even more upset over the fact that this had been going on for years and he hadn't known about it and couldn't save them earlier.

When all the islanders were being placed in shelters, he was surprised to be approached by a fifteen year old girl.

"A-All Might," she stammered, "I just wanted t-to thank you for what you did. Before you had arrived, I had lost all the little hope I had left! But you came and brought it back to me! B-but, how did you know of our island's existance? From what I had heard, nobody outside knew about it. All for one had made sure!"

All might just gave his signature grin and said, "Young lass, for the past couple of weeks I had a dreadful feeling that there was something or somewhere I was missing out or ignoring. That was, until I received a bottled up message from the sea requesting help. I knew my dread was right. So I flew to your island as fast as I could. All for one had just messed with the records of your island, but he didn't do anything to damage the real thing. I don't think I deserve any gratitude for coming to your aid so many years too late." He added, looking ashamed.

Mikasa just looked at her new idol and said,

"From what I heard. It's possible for kids to aspire to become heroes. But while confronting and fighting all the villains sent to that island, I almost completely forgot about that."

All Might looked shocked.

"Young lass! Do you mean to tell me that children as young as you had been forced to fight for your survival!" Now he looked even more ashamed and angry with himself. Mikasa was quick to console him.

"It's okay All Might. If I'm being honest, all those experiences actually helped me grow and understand what happens in the real world. So far, I had only once felt the dreadful feeling that death was on my doorstep, but that's when you came! I had completely lost faith in heroes before you had arrived. You helped me believe again All Might!"

All Might looked at her, with gratitude.

"Young..." He paused, giving her a look asking her last name.

"Ackerman." She said.

"Ah yes! Young Ackerman! May I know what your quirk is? I think you have what it takes to be a hero!"

Mikasa was taken aback.

"M-me? A h-hero?" She asked, with a shocked look on her face.

"Why not?" He asked. "I see immense strength, fortitude and optimism in you! You managed to hold your own against villains sent by All for One. If you got accepted into U.A, I'm sure you'd grow up to become a great hero!"

All Mights words surprised Mikasa. It was true that she had killed titans and apprehended villains before, but she had never considered taking the path of a hero.

"I think that's a great idea." She heard her mother say. She turned back to find her parents standing right behind her.

"If the Symbol of peace who saved our lives says she has what it takes I won't argue with that." Her dad agreed.

"B-but, my quirk is nothing special." Mikasa mumbled under her scarf.

"What kind of nonsense is that?" Her mother insisted. " You have and extremely special quirk!"

"What exactly is her quirk?" All Might asked curiously.

"I-it's called i-intuition." Mikasa said. "  I somehow know exactly what to do in a s-situation and h-how to d-do it."

All Mights eyes widened. Giving his signature laugh, he said, "Young Ackerman! If that quirk doesn't qualify you to be a hero, I don't know what will! Intuition is one of the most important traits a hero should have! Mark my words, with training from the best U.A teachers, you will become strong enough to lead an entire team!"

Mikasas eyes widened. It was as though she could start life afresh with a new path already paved for her. She could let go of her past demons and look ahead into the future.

"I-I guess I have a new dream." She said smiling. "I wanna become a hero!"