CH4: Misfortune? Bad Times?

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍☆•°•☆•°•☆•°•☆•°•☆•°•☆•°•☆•°•

Wen Wei Yi POV:

‍The next moment when I opened my eyes, I was no longer in the dark. Infront of me lay a bright sky, I looked down and realised that I was standing on the edge of a high roof.

Standing on the edge of a roof. How ironic? After all, it was some sort of a hobby in my teenage years. It gave me a peace of mind back then.

But now I don't know.

The moment I got a hang of my surroundings, a hand delicately gripped my wrist and pulled me down, only this time, I heard a voice, "YiYi?"

With abundant irritation I opened my eyes again. This time, thankfully, I wasn't greeted by a black abyss but a white ceiling instead. I felt nauseous and unstable.

I heard a voice, "Ms. Wen, are you fully conscious now?"

My voice felt hoarse and for a moment, speaking seemed like a big pain. So I simply nodded while observing my surroundings.

Was it......a hospital?

The person who spoke was a cute man wearing a white coat, which got my doubts confirmed. With great difficulty, I asked in a low and extremely hoarse tone, "Where am I? And who the hell are you?"

The man stood right there and then spoke, "Ms. Wen, I'm Kang Soo‐Jin, an emergency department surgeon and, earlier today, I was the one who operated on you.
Do you remember what happened to you?"

I nodded my head and ignored the nausea as I spoke doubtfully, "I got hurt?"

Kang Soo‐Jin nodded his head and then fixed his glasses. His tone was calm and professional, god alone knows how doctors function.
"Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere? Especially your shoulder?"

"My shoulder?" I asked. It was then that I noticed the sling around my left arm. And the fact that I didnt notice it earlier sounded a little off. Thinking for a minute while staring at it, I realised, "I....I think it's.....ummm......numb...? I..I.... can't feel anything. I really can't feel my arm."

"You can't? Are you sure?" He asked in a concerned tone while stepping closer. I nodded my head again and then heard him speak, "Don't worry. We'll find out what the matter is and then do accordingly. Your friend arrived while you were in surgery. She's outside attending a call. Do you want me to call her for you?"

I looked at the IV bag connected to my wrist reminiscing the last time I had been hospitalized. All alone for 6 months only to be parceled to another country on the day of the discharge.

At least no one will parcel me this time?

The door opened and Mrs. Kim Dal-Mi walked in. She wore a black work suit and had a grim look on her face that was instantly exchanged with a smile. "Are you fine?" She asked in a concerned tone.

I had been sitting upright with my back against my pillow. I scanned her head to toe and then replied in my hoarse voice, "I'm alive and I can proudly cut off 'getting shot' from my bucket list!"

"That's good." My eyes observed her and I didnt fail to realise the change in her gaze.

Was she hiding something from me?