Roadtrip (unfinished)

[A few quick notes:
1. This features a camper oc i made. They aren't the main focus or anything, but they're there lol
2. All of the foliage descriptions are based on Missouri bc that's where i live so i can describe it accurately :)]

Today, David had an entire day of driving ahead of him.

David was contacted recently by a mother about her child going to Camp Campbell. They lived in another state, a day's drive away, and the Quartermaster's bus surely couldn't make it there in a day, so David volunteered to take the camp car and pick them up.

He wasn't bothered by having to drive for so long. In fact, he loved driving in general. Watching the trees pass and every now and then seeing the horizon, lined with rolling hills and stunning misty forests was one of his favorite things in the world.

So for today, it was him and the road.

He kept to the less busy roads, as to not get stuck in any traffic or have to deal with other drivers. It was early in the morning, so the early fog was very apparent. He watched odd spots of thick fog coming from random locations on the hills and remembered that those were a sign of a cave opening. Small, probably not very deep or long - but caves nonetheless. He smiled.

The road was steamy from the warming air hitting the cold dew that had settled the night before. He drove slower than normal as to not risk hydroplaning. It probably wasn't likely, but he had a bit of an irrational fear of crashing.

He looked to the trees again. He had left the camps primarily conifer trees and had entered the dogwood and oak riddled forests.