›e i g h t‹

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow"

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Lucas could only stare at the old man with a shocked look on his face. What does he mean? Lucas doesn't understand. As far as he knows, he is the best brother you could ever ask for. He's not lying though, my man just stating facts.

His worried proceeded to fade as soon as he heard the old man's voice. Yep, he was laughing and giggling. What's so funny?

"Pfft- you should've seen that look on your face. Haha- æughk ha ha hshss-" the world tree started to wheeze uncontrollably.

An irk mark appeared on Lucas's forehead. Who would've thought that this human tree also has a sense of humor? If he does, it must've been broken.

Lucas decided to wait until the old man finished laughing out loud. After about 3-4 minutes, his laughter subsided. He sighed quietly before asking,

"Are you done yet, if you do-"

"If it's about your sister, we already have your late parents' approval. Besides, she loves me though. She also has a love child with an Obelian late king, but I don't think I'm going to divorce her just because of that one slip. Anyway, if you're wondering where she a̶̶r̶̶e̶ is, I'm not telling you anytime soon" the tree cut him off before disappearing from his sight.

"What the..." tired of his antics, Lucas decided to let him be. Even if he asks that human tree nicely, it doesn't guarantee him any answer so why would he bother? But then, it clicked.

"WaiT- Did he just say, love child ?! Just how much have I missed?!" Without any doubt, Lucas technically speaking is having an existential crisis.

"What if they're also brat, stupid, dumb, idiotic, dull, and boring like that old man? This is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous" he muttered, shaking his head vigorously before letting out a long sigh. Maybe he should go and clear his mind with some pancakes and warm milk.

Somewhere else,

"Achoo-!"

"Huh, are you okay sir?" Asked a customer while holding her plastic bag of apples.

"Oh, hahaha it's nothing! Oh, yeah. That'll be 6 Mora"

The customer handed her money before taking her child's hand and leaving to buy her groceries. The merchant rubbed his head, is he somehow getting sick? Well, he is old so it's not that surprising.