𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔦 𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔡

❝ 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 ❞

𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔦 𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔡

𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖘𝖔𝖋𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖘𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖊𝖉, while he watched Valerie flip her pancakes. He could go on about how much nostalgia he got from seeing her in such a setting again, but he knew he'd be there all day. Nonetheless, he truly did miss the time he had her all to himself. Now, he had to deal with the fact that she had an abusive boyfriend that she was afraid to leave. It had been a few nights since she told him and Jack wasn't sure how to approach her with a solution; as if he'd even thought of one yet.

He didn't know what else he could do to help her, she'd avoided mentioning it, after she'd cried for a long while that night. It was the last two days in L.A. and Jack wasn't keen on her having to go back to Jevon, he was sure that she probably felt the same way.

  "Yo, you good?" Val questioned, breaking his momentary thoughts, his staring gaze focused on her confused expression.
  "Of course." he smiled.
  "Definitely not, I can feel yo' eyes in my goddamn back," she pouted, lifting the pan to flip the golden pancake again before she shovelled it onto the plate beside the stove.
  "What, I can't look at you?" his brow rose. Val approached him with the plate of steaming breakfast. He stared past it at her, as she gazed up at him through her lashes. He gently smiled, "Can I have syrup, pretty please?" he whispered. She scoffed and pushed the plate into his chest. As she tried to walk off to get it, he pulled her back into his arms, placing the plate down on the counter behind him. He placed a single kiss along her jaw and she sighed.
  "I don't wanna go home," she mumbled. "I just wanna spend every moment wit' you." He then kissed her cheek. "This is what I missed." He hovered over her lips.
  "Bet you missed our dates too?" he smirked, she hummed into a light giggle, nodding her head.
  "I got somewhere I wanna take you. I got somethin' packed that I want you in, too."
After kissing him slowly for a few beats, she said against his lips, "Okay."
  "Two hours." he instructed and she nodded, pulling back to look up at him.

Urban yawned dramatically, as he trudged into the kitchen. Val slightly jumped, turning and pouting at the half-dazed photographer. He barely even looked in their direction, more focused on the pancakes beside them. He grabbed a napkin and picked the freshest one off the top before turning and leaving without a word. Val looked back at Jack, who was equally at a loss for words, but he shrugged lackadaisically and reached for the plate of remaining pancakes.

Jack felt like a giddy teenager again watching Val spin ahead of him in the patterned, Summer dress that he bought for her, while her eyes wondrously explored the pretty lights of the Venice Beach Fair that he took her to. She had mentioned it briefly that she always wanted a huge teddy bear that she could cut open and climb into the back of to scare him with, so he thought he could give her the opportunity with this little date. It was safe to say that she was ecstatic.

  "You ain't gon' know what's coming, when I scare yo' ass, for real." she turned back around. He smiled behind his sunglasses and bucket hat that was meant to keep him incognito.
  "You can talk all that shit, when you actually win a bear, baby," he chuckled.
  "Who said I was winning it for myself? Now, ain't you the man outta the two of us, that's your job, Jackman. You asked me out, you'on wanna show off your skills shootin' the moving ducks?"
  "You say that like you wanna wear the damn pants." he scoffed. She stopped and furrowed her brow, jokingly making a face.
  "Now, I know damn well you shouldn't be lettin' that happen."
  "No, I'm not. So, come over here and show me which one you want." he instructed. Val fixed her stubborn face and snuggled herself back comfortably under his arm. He pulled her closer, once she pointed at the large brown bear hanging at the stand not too far away.