Chapter 4

Ryan POV

I got up early , today I'm going look for a job I refuse to stay in this house and be depressed and think about this man another day.I got up quietly because I didn't want to wake Aaliyah up today was her off day.I went into the guest bathroom and cut on the lights.I looked at my reflection...I look horrible, while that nigga probably out living his best life ,that just makes  me angry.I started doing my morning hygiene.

I picked out a fancy outfit to wear today .While about to leaving I heard Aaliyah.
"Wait here's my keys , you still know your way around here?" she said giving me her keys.I nodded
"Do you know any place hiring"I said she nodded her head.
"One of my clients name Devante Swing is a CEO , he owns a lot of small business and he has a lot of sponsors , here his card" she gave me a card
I looked and the card and saw the number and company name and the address on there.I smiled and thanked her.

I then left out and head to the place.As I got there I just looked ,it was a very tall and fancy building.I walked in and saw the receptionist.
"Hi" I said smiling.She gave me a fake smile. I mentally rolled my eyes.
"I'm here for the new assistance position"
"Do you have a appointment" she asked rudely.I shook my head no.
"Well I'm sorry ma'am but you cannot come in here without a appoi-" She was interrupted by a phone call, she answered the phone , she rolled her eyes and hung up the phone.
"You can go right up ma'am and the room number is 697" she said rudely.
They got nasty attitudes I thought.

I went up the elevator, and found the number 697.I took a deep breathe before I knocked on the door .I wait for a couple of second till I saw the door open.A beautiful chocolate man open the door I read his name tag , it said Mr.Dalvin.I awkward smiled , I guess this was the CEO.
"You must be Aaliyah friend, she said your were looking for the assistant job". I nodded my head
"We'll come on in" I then walked through the door , this room was really fancy.He showed me to a seat and I sat down .
"aye Devante she's here" he said
I thought he was the CEO.

Once he said that another beautiful man walked in .His eyes were exotic they were hazel.He looks familiar, I thought.He then sat down and pulled out a notepad.He then cleared his voice and looked up at Mr.Dalvin
"You can leave" and with that he left.

" So this say you use to work as a receptionist , but quit , why did you quit"he asked looking up at me .
"Personal reason" I simply said .The real reason I quit was because Elgin wanted me to be a stay at home mother.
He then rolled his eyes and ask the next question.
"So why do you want this job"
"I want this job because I have a lot of experience and I have a lot to bring to this company"I said but he still didn't look impressed.I mental rolled my eyes Mr.Swing was hard to impressed.
He then nodded and asked a few more questions.I'm pretty sure , I didn't get this job.
"You can show yourself out , we will call you if you got the job"he said
I nodded my head and left.

I got back into the elevator, and let out a breathe , I didn't know I was holding in.I made it back to Aaliyah house to see her sitting on the coach while eating some cereal.

"So how did it go"
"It wasn't bad , but it wasn't good"I said
"Girl stop worrying I'm pretty sure you got the job"
"His really hard to impressed"
She nodded her head in agreement.
"Girl anit he , it took him a couple months to trust me"she said
"How did you even meet" I said curious.
"Well Devante Swing is very know around the area,he was looking for a new Doctor, and a Co-work of mines put in a word for me ,he came on down to the hospital one day to I guess check it out , well he ended up like it and he came back.He was very quiet at first , but he became comfortable and starting making small talk, he told me his story I understand why he's like the way he is.We're just good friends"she said
I nodded my head.
"His still very rude and I still feel like
I know him from somewhere or I seen him before"
"His very rude at first he need to warm up to you"she said
"And I kind of talk to his little brother" she mumble.
My eyes almost popped out my head she was dating again.
"Girl who" I said wanting to know
"Umm I don't know if he was out there but his name is Dalvin ,but he goes by Mr.Dalvin" she said finger quoting.
"Ohh girl him yess I saw him and there brothers"
they look noting alike.
She nodded her head "yes they look noting alike tho" I nodded my head in agreement.
"Why didn't you tell me" I said.
"Ryan , you were going through a lot , when I first started talking to him .I want you to get through what you were going through, I felt so guilty while you were soo depressed and I was happy so I hided it"

I looked at her she was always putting my feeling first. I gave her a hug , I really have the best friend in the whole world.While we were hugging i heard my phone ring.We quickly stoped ,I picked up the phone and quickly rolled my eyes , it was from the person I wasn't ready to talk to.I still answer.

"Hey baby,it's been a long time let meet and chat"

1003 word

So y'all I promise I be writing.I be having writes block soo bad but I promise y'all I'm going to finish this book😭I want it done by March 2022 or maybe lesser than that , anyways did y'all like it ? And please don't forget to vote and please comment!! It always makes my day when y'all comment !! Thanks for ready till next time ❤️❤️