Chapter 8

Trey POV

My Heart Was Beating A Million Beats A Minute. My Throat Got Dry, And I Quickly Swallowed Spit , And Addressed Bella, Respectfully. Her Eyes Were Glossy, But Tears Never Spilled Out. She'd Always Thought She Was Really Good At Hiding Emotions. Maybe She Was To The Rest Of The World, But I'm Her Brother. I Know Her Like The Back Of My Hand. Even If It's Been A While Since I Say Her. Regardless, She Still Makes My Heart Race, And The Hairs On The Back Of My Neck Stand Up. I Could Practically Hear Her Heartbeat. I Could Tell She Was Nervous By The Way She Stood With Her Hands Behind Her Back, And Biting The Corner Of Her Bottom Lip . Something I Remember Seeing Our Mother Do Often When Our Dad Hadnt Returned Home On Time . She Shifted Her Weight Onto Her Right Leg, And Made Eye Contact With Me.

"I Been Good.. How About Yourself? " She Replied After What Seemed Like Forever.

"Good, Good. I Been.. Coming Along. How Was Your Birthday? " I Asked, Refusing To Let The Conversation End.

" It Was... Okay. Nothing Special, Y'Know. What About You? I Know You Did It Big Mr Roc Royal. " Her Voice Was Like Music To My Ears. Her Angel-Like Tone Brought Me So Much Life. I Was Still So Deep In Love With Her.

"I - Yeah. I-It Was Cool..." There Was A Small Silence As The Group Carried On with Whatever Conversation.

"That's Great, Trey. Really. Well, You Look Great. " She Slightly Smiled And I Thought I Might Die At How Beautiful Her Smile Was. More Gorgeous Than I Remember. Another Thing She Picked Up From My Mother.

"Thanks, Bells. You Too." I Smiled Back At Her, Reaching Out To Touch Her Arm. She Flinched A Little At The Small Contact I'd Made With Her Skin. She Backed Away, Quickly, Bumping Into A Truck Behind Her , Leaving My Hand In Place Where Her Shoulder Had Been. "Bells.. " I Started. She Just Shook Her Head Before Speaking, Shakily.

"Thanks Trey. It Was Nice Seeing You, Really. But We Have To Go. " She Got Into The Truck They Came In, And Started The Car. The Others Followed Her In, Without Saying A Word. Craig Stayed Behind. He Dapped Me, And Put His Hand On My Shoulder.

"Damn. I Would Think That Your Sister Would Be Happy To See You, Bruh. I Guess Some Things Just Cant Be Fixed.." He Left Me With That, As He Got In the Car. I Turned Around And Walked Into Olive Garden To Be Seated With Nadia And Her Family.

Bella POV

I Got Into The Drivers Seat, And Waited For The Others To Get In. Craig Got In Last Because He Held Off To Say Something To Trey. Ray Sat In The Passenger Seat Beside Me. I Was Still A Little Shaky From Trey's Surprise Appearance. Our Conversation Seemed Nothing But Civil. But The Way He Smiled At Me Made Me Weak In The Knees And His Voice Was Pure Bliss To My Ears. And When He Touched Me, Oh Lord, It Sent A Million Shock Waves Through My Body And I Couldn't Stand The Amount Of Memories The Simple Gesture Brought Back. Trey Was No Doubt The Only Person That Could Make Me Feeling Like That. With Chad Coming At A Close Second.

Ray Put His Hand On Mine, And It Wasn't Until Then I Realized I Was Vigorously Tapping The Center Console Of The Car. I Stopped, And Sheepishly Smiled At Ray.

"You Okay? " He Whispered , With A Concerned Look Painted On His Face.
"I'm Fine, Ray. Promise. " I Put My Hand On His Cheek, And Rubbed It Softly. His Face Softened.

"Alright, Bella. Just Making Sure. You Know I Love You, Right? "

My Palm Started To Sweat. I Dropped My hand From His Face, And Focused Back On The Road. "I Know, Ray. "

I Saw Him Turn His Head, And Clench His Jaw Out The Corner Of My Eye. I Hated That I Couldn't Say It Back. I Hated How I Felt Like I Needed To Force Myself To Feeling For Him. I Hated That I Fell For Chad. I Hated That I'm Still In Love With My Brother. I Hate How I Can't Give Ray What He Deserves . And Honestly Im Feeling Like Shit Now That I Can't Have Chad, And I Can't Have Trey.

Just Thinking About Chad And I's Encounter Earlier Brought Tears To My Eyes. I Blinked Them Back As I Pulled Into The Driveway Of Our House .

Everyone Got Out Of The Car, And Made Our Way To The Front Door. I Unlocked The Door ,And Let Everyone In. I Noticed Ray Hadn't Got Out Of The Car, Yet. He Just Sat There, Staring Ahead. After Everyone Was In, I Put My Purse And Coat Down On The Ground In Front Of The Door, And Walked Back To The Car. I Got Back In The Driver Seat, And We Both Sat In Silence, Staring At The Architecture Of The Outside Of The House. After About Two Minutes Of Complete Quiet, Ray Finally Spoke.

"While I Was Working, I Talked To My Grandmother Every Day. And Everytime We Got On The Phone, Before I Got Out A Word, She Would Say Me, 'Rayan , I Wanna Ask You A Question' . And Everyday, The Question Was Different. Usually Something That Made Me Think . And That's Why I Loved The Questions She Asked. Because They Would Have Me Rethinking And Changing My Opinion On Things, Or Even People. But One Question In Particular Stood Out To Me, Even After She Died. " His Voice Quaked A Little, As If The Topic Of Her Death Was Still An Open Wound. I Listened Intently To What He Was About To Say Next. "My Grandma Asked Me, She Said 'Ray, Are You Happy With The Lady In Your Life, Or Are You Content? And Is She Happy Or Content With You? ' And I Didn't Have An Answer. Where Is Line Between Happy, And Content , Bella? " He Looked At Me, Finally, Waiting For An Answer.

"I Honestly Don't Know, Ray" And I Didn't. Such A Simple Question Required So Much Thought. He Looked Into His Lap, And Then Back At The House.

"I Thought So Bella. And It Wasn't Until She Was On Her Death Bed That I Realized The Difference Between Being Content, And Actually Being Happy. Do You Know The Difference? " He Looked Back At Me.

"I Guess Not. " I Said After A Moment Of Thought.

"Well Here's Where I Enlighten You. The Definition Of Happy In The Dictionary Is ' Enjoying, showing, or marked by pleasure, satisfaction, or joy' . When You're Happy With Someone, You Don't Think Anything Or Anyone Could Be Better . Nothing Can Make You Feel Like That Person Does. When You're Happy With Someone, You Can't Even Fathom The Thought Of them Ever Making You Unhappy. Nothing They Do Could Ever Make You Want To Leave Them. When You're With Them, Not Another Soul Is On Your Mind. Even If They Wanted To Be With Someone Else, You'd Be Fine Because It Would Make Them Happy". He Looked At Me To See If I Was Still Listening. I Was. He Went On. " Content, On The Other Hand, According To The Dictionary Means 'Satisfied; Accepting' . To Me, That Means Your Okay With Them. Might As Well Be Indifferent Towards Them. You Care, But Not As Much As You Would If You Were Happy With Them, Bella. You Believe It's Nice Having Them Around , But Someone Else Could Quite Possibly Be More Appealing To You. They Make You Feel Good, But It's Possible Someone Could Make You Feel Great. Amazing, Even. Someone Else Could Easily Make You Cross The Line Into Being.. Happy. " He Smiled At The Last Word , And Looked Me Into My Glossy Eyes. He Put His Hand On My Face. "Bella Youve Make Me So Happy , It's Crazy. And I Know It Seems As If We'd Fallen Apart. But You Still Make Me Just As Happy As You Did Since We Were Kids. I Love You, Honestly. And If You Can Look Me In My Eye And Tell Me You're Happy With Me,Well .. I'd Be Surprised , To Say The Least . " That Did It. My Tears Came Falling Down. Ray Wiped Them. "It Doesn't Take A Fool To Know When Someone Is Just Content. That's Why I Think We Should Just Call Us Friends. Because If There's Someone That Makes You Feel The Way You Make Me Feel, I Wouldn't Wanna Keep You From Them. Bella I Want You To Be Happy." I Pulled Ray Into A Hug And Thought Of My Next Words. And There Was Nothing Left To Say Except :

"Thank You"

•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•

Holaaaaa! Hey Guys. It's Been A While Because I Just, Lost Interest In The Plot Of This Story. But I Think I'm Back In Love With It After This Chapter. How You Guys Feeling? I Actually Love That Ray Can Do This For Her. But The Question Is, What Will She Do For Herself? I Dont Want Y'all To Forget About My Boy, Chad Because He Surely Has Not Made His Last Appearance. Im Actually Excited About Where I Can Take This.

Comment && Vote. Don't Just Comment "Update" . It's Annoying . Tell Me What You Think About What Just Happened, Or What You Think Is Gonna Happen. Kayla And Bella In Media (Left To Right) Farewell Until Next Time, Which Probably Won't Be Long If Y'all Give Proper Feedback .