The Phenomenal Series: Book One, My Ghostly Affair

Hey guys, obviously this is my very first book, so please rate, comment, I'm not picky lol :) And sorry if its not that good, after all it's my first story, so let me know what you think. Or don't. Wither way, enjoy. ;) And one more thing, if you guys somehow catch up to what's going on in the story, or you predict what's about to happen, please do keep it to yourselves please. This is indeed a mystery book, so people all have their own opinions and predictions about what's going to happen, but if someone writes down in the comments below what they think is going to happen, I think it kind of ruins it for others, even if the prediction is wrong... I think people should have their own say and everything, but as the author, I would really appreciate if you guys don't spoil anything please :) feel free to write anything you want, what you think of the book, the characters, what you hated, what you liked, whatever, anything but your predictions :) thank you!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

***PROLOGUE***

P.O.V UNKNOWN

This was indeed a tiresome, exhausting job.

I dragged the heavy black trash bag behind me, as I made my way through the forest. A thick fog surrounded me, but I could still see tiny specs of light behind me, and people cheering.

Well while everyone else was having a good time, I was busy taking care of the clean up.

How did I get stuck with always getting rid of the aftermath, when everyone else was having a fun time, drinking and partying?

This is why I hated this town. Unfair, always unfair... But nothing I could do about it, because I can't leave. Nobody could I think.

This town was our everything, from when our ancestors planted the seeds, to when our neighbors cared for the trees.

This town and each other is all we had left in this cruel world, and we'd do anything for this town. Anything...

I kept dragging the heavy black trash bag, I was almost there.

I saw something sticking out of the ground crookedly. Finally I was here.

I grabbed the old, rusty shovel out of the ground. I saw the whole row of beautiful, blooming trees, with black flower buds blooming on each branch.. The fruits will be formed and ripe soon... Just at the end of Harvest season... Which would be soon. Later today in fact. The Harvest Festival is technically over, since it is past midnight already. But I have to say, it isn't all fun and merry times. Well for me that is.

The Harvest Festival takes place right on Thanksgiving day. The fruits on these trees will be harvested later today, since it is the end of Harvest season, and everyone would get their fair share, and everything would be fine again. Normal. But only for a few more months... Until the next Harvest season began again.

I finished digging up the square hole that was almost 5 feet deep. I climbed out of the hole, and wiped my brow. This was so tiresome...

I took the big black heavy trash bag and dragged it next to the hole. I took one last look at the still black trash bag and kicked it into the hole. I got the shovel again and started to cover the black trash bag.

After I covered the hole, I felt a hand on my shoulder, but instead of being surprised, I just sighed, tired.

"Yet another Harvest Season gone by perfectly, good job." I heard him say from behind me. I just sighed, and wiped my forehead.

"Yes, the Harvest Festival... I am just happy it's over. I'm exhausted already." I stretched my muscles, and grunted when I heard my back pop loudly.