《 :( 》

I wake up drowsily the next morning, rolling over and groaning at the moon light on my face. why did vurb open the windowwwsssssndnsndjs

I remember today is the day we're leaving as my eyes widen, immediately waking me up. I sit up asap and look around. spifey and vurb already packed my shit up. it's still kinda dark since I woke up earlier than usual. I immediately think of what to tell Bad. he's gonna be so sad. he finally has someone to talk to. I don't want to leave him. but I have to.

I get up, trying my best not to wake vurb and spifey. I leave the room, walking down the still dark hallway as soft creaks come from the floor. I make my way to the elevator, pressing the button as it dings open. I guess it has no where else to be.

I step inside, pressing the 21st button as usual. the door closes as it starts going upwards. it feels like a longer ride than usual. I guess it's just my anxiety. I'm scared of how Bad will react. I don't know what he'll do or how he'll feel. I hope he isn't too sad about it.

the elevator door dings open and I'm met with the same sight as usual. I walk to the window and look down, feeling the butterflies in my stomach. they're worse now.

"hey Zak! why're you here so early?" I hear from behind me. I turn around to see bad just as cheery as ever. it makes me feel worse. his smile fades slightly into a worried smile "why the grimace..?" he asks, hesitantly. I take a deep breath "bad.." I pause, looking into his eyes. his smile is gone by now, "..I..I have to go home today" I get it out, looking away.

silence

I glance to him. his eyes are wide in disbelief. "bad..?" I call, and he speaks. "that's not funny" he says, smiling nervously. "bad.. im not joking" I say, feeling awful. "you've gotta be. zak please I can't be alone again. I've been alone for so long. I can't. I can't do it again" he begs, the smile gone off his face once more as he tears up, shaking his head. "bad I'm sorry I can't change it, if I could stay I would!" I try to tell him, "I had fun but I'm sorry, it's time for me to go home. you can find another person, right-?" he cuts me off "youre the first person who could ever see me. the first... no.. the only person who's ever made me feel like I mattered. if I had found you before I died maybe I wouldn't have.." he looks to the window, tears slipping down his cheeks. I tear up, but bite my lip to stop the tears. "bad, I.. I'm sorry" I choke out, feeling incredibly guilty. I wanna stay, I really do, but I can't.

"..no you aren't" he says, looking to me with a glare. I'm taken aback. I've never seen him like this. "w-what?" I stammer, confused. "you aren't sorry" he spits like venom. "what are you talking a-" he cuts me off "you are going to go right back to your life. your friends, your family, your house. and I'm gonna be here rotting away in the attic of an old hotel where no one knows I am. I have to stay here the rest of my life and you get to roam free. I finally get one good thing in my life and now it's getting taken from me?" tears stream down his face as jealousy flickers in his eyes like fire. "bad..-" I try to reach out to touch him

but my hand goes through him

my eyes widen

he doesn't even want me to touch him... does he hate me?

he looks betrayed as he speaks "go away" he sobs out, unable to hold himself together. "bad please, don't end it like this-!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE"

there's a ringing in my ears as my vision goes black.