02- House in tha Hills

💢 Amoris' POV💢

The car rumbled to a stop directly behind the U-Haul. I removed my airpods and gaped at the new house. It was absolutely magnificent and definitely bigger than our old house.

"Wow. This is my type of shit," my brother blurts from outside my window. He drove in his own car since I'm the only one below eighteen.

My sister chuckles before exiting the driver's side. I quickly shut my mouth and clambered after her out my side.
Mom and Dad stood in front if the house holding each other lovingly.

"How about we go look around before we choose our seperate quarters?" Mom suggested,  barely containing her excitement.

"Sounds good, " all three of us children answer hurriedly.

As Dad opens the front door,  I take the time to do a quick scan of the neighbourhood. The houses on this street look similar to mine,  some even more lavish. The lawns are all well kept with neat flowers and shrubs lining the driveways. The gardens are kempt,  sprinklers activated and the positive vibe turned up to a healthy degree.

I might survive just from the atmosphere here, I thought humorously.

I was snapped from my trance by a sharp slap to my right forearm. I looked up to see everyone staring at me. I was so caught up in my inspection I hadn't noticed that Dad had opened the door and eveyone was standing there waiting for me. I gave them a light smile then entered the house.

The interior was even more amazing and the homey vibe emitting from the house doubled. I could definitely see my family and I striving in this house.

The foyer was decorated with an elegant chandelier that accentuated the black and white theme displayed. On the right wall upon entry,  empty picture frames hung, sure to be filled with our family pictures later. Under the picture frames a unique oak seat sat. A soft-looking blanket laid atop. On the left side to the stairs,  a feathery circular decor hung from the wall . Under that,  a small wood table stood with a few books and tiny accessories.

 Under that,  a small wood table stood with a few books and tiny accessories

The next room turned out to be a sitting area. It looked extremely comfortable and I knew Mom would be spending heaps of time here digging into a book. I took a quick peak at her and saw her eyes gleaming with approval and excitement. I smiled then turned back to assess it more closely.

The couches were cream coloured with a gold outline. In the middle of the couches stood a small and oddly decorated coffee table. It was brown wood with a small candle and a bottle of salts sitting atop. Directly in front of the table,  a mechanical fireplace was with a spread fire burning now. A decently sized TV was above that and to the  right,  a small cupboard sat. Picture frames were present throughout with beautiful scenery stuck to the pages for decoration.

 Picture frames were present throughout with beautiful scenery stuck to the pages for decoration