Esse's Resolve

Noise.

That's all she hears.

Buzzing, unending, noise.

A god approaches, slowly, methodically. Doesn't even get closer until their soul gets taken away.

He towers over her, a wall against the world, a place she could be content in.

She thought it would stay like this forever. Oh how wrong she was.

A few years pass, the noise continues to blare through her ears. Though that doesn't matter, as long as he's with her. Most of the gods had gotten the message and steered clear, the few who didn't, faced an untimely death. She isn't fazed by it. She doesn't care. As long as he's with her.

Centuries have passed, she's in disarray, she's distressed, she's-

He's gone, and she doesn't know what to do.

Stuck at the chambers of the fates she can only wait so long.

And so she waited, and waited. Waiting for her faithful knight to save her from this glorified prison cell.

But he didn't come.

How long has it been?

A few years?

A few centuries?

Millenia?

It doesn't matter, not to her.
All that matters is him, whether or not he realizes that himself is out of the question.
She'd gladly help him realize that.

Knock, knock.

Snapped out of her reverie, she encounters one of the usual gods who frequents her place in the fate's chambers.
Just another imbecile who thinks they have a chance-
Smiling, she bids him a good day and wishes to stay alone.
The god looks saddened, but respects her wishes, and leaves her be.

Soon, night falls, and all the other gods leave their realms to gather at one point.

A so-called "Unknown Location".

With her interest piqued she follows them, leading right where she wanted to go.

At a glance she knew he was there, the place is practically covered by his aura.
She rushes to a window, to any place that provides visibility.
And there he is, cleaning glasses and mixing drinks, that same dead look on his eyes as he serves another drink.

But something's wrong, she feels it. There's a spider, sticking to him like glue, as if it's worthy of his time.
Not only that but there's a stray, constantly observing him, as if it's worthy to even gaze in his general direction.
Emotions flare up within her. Oh how she wished she could be like the spider, spending time with him, and like that stray, just having the privilege to watch him whenever she wants.

Eventually she gets noticed, by him or the other gods, she doesn't know. But she ran back to her chambers.

She couldn't sleep that night.

The noise began buzzing, louder and louder, until it coalesced into one, singular voice:

We had each other, that was all we needed, but he never even attempted to check up on me.

Was that all an illusion? A scenario engineered by fate? Just to drive us both apart?! No, no

I don't accept this! I've been with him longer, I'm the only one who understands him! I- I- !

Then, the voice stops, only a faint buzz is left of the noise, and the goddess of life is filled with a resolve.

"I just have to show him that I'm better." She intoned, her voice reverberating in the room.
"The spider's memory is failing, they won't be able to stand beside him, nor can the stray that's doomed to die inevitably. I'm his counterpart, and when it all ends," her eyes are filled with a sharp glint.
"He has no one to turn to but me."