5: Wild Awake

When the leaden and murky time brought in view thick and foggy clouds, spreading like a vast spray of smoke through the visible royal blue sky behind the clouds, a light shed of pinkish-purple poured along the night sky. The blazing of the orange orb had long ceased, it was a different time, the time all low creatures work for survival, the time the Orchardians could gain more space in their travel, anything could happen, even the Orc and the giant seem to love the shift, it was dinner time. 

And the imps dismissed to fetch nightmares, while the fairies loathe the rule of the king. He only adored evil and condemned good. At that same moment of the day, the King stood high on the highest tower of his kingdom sleepless and restless, he watched the premises he had claimed as his the hard way, his eyes traveled far and wide and his hearings covered the realm the Orchardians still had him worried, but he refused to back down, he was more than determined to exterminate the unbearable and repulsive creature called sons of darkness, he was the darkest and no one would cause him to fail, not even death. 

He sat Indian-style suspended in the middle of the air, a ball of flames around him. He heard the little conversation and caught some words he wasn't supposed to be listening to in the first place. 

"Our king is so mighty, even we fear him if only he could grant us a different feeling than fear." 

"All we asked for is the revival of alpha Floyd, who could've thought the son of such a leader would turn out to be a devastating flame?" 

"Son? How are you so sure, it might be a daughter? We don't know anything about the one we call king." 

"Shush! Don't you criticize him, he is our savior, he knows what's better."

He balled his fist clenching his jaw. There were still more out there waiting to be fed to him. He thought hungrily. 

He stared at the horizon of unending city lamps. "Wrong? Why should I be?" He muttered to himself? 

"Son, rule your pack as you fit, I won't ask you to be a second me, everyone deserves their personality and I see a great Alpha in you." Alpha Floyd's voice echoed in his head.

His father had asked him to rule as he fitted, no comparison, this was his work, the labor he had succeeded to terminate and was still in progress. Very soon, he would put an end to their miserable lives, after all the kingdom might need something less of a weak being.  

He brought his gaze down at the book the old wizard had given to him. A diagram illustrating the appearance of the stone and its power was first to come into view. 

The stone was formed from Thefesus an ancient realm that once existed billions of light-years before. The realm was uninhabitable but beings from different realms could enter and depart with no hindrance, the realm was not only the unlivable solace and desert of life, it was the heart of magic, but white and black, evil and good. The awe-inspiring and majestic realm bore stones like the Mongora stones that gave life and caused death. The evil witch rose up to conquer other territories all in the name of magic and claiming superiority. 

The indecency of their heart desires lead to a great, ravaging war that causes the life of many, the leaders brought their complaint to the six and the realm was destroyed, the stones were powerless now their source of power was extinguished, except one, which was the seed to a new Thefesus, one that had managed to escape the course on the realms. 

Location unknown, hint, a place where magic is charming and where absurdity prevails like an everlasting torrent of life, a place where innocence and cruelty walk in hands and the grace of weakness is adorned.