21: Death March

The sweet taste of the apple still lingered on Oxias' tongue, it was very unusual for him to have the taste of sweet on his tongue, he moved his tongue around in his mouth trying to get rid of the foreign taste. 

The taste didn't help his concern for his body, rejecting the food anytime in public. That would be disgusting and unworthy of a king. The mere thought made his throat tight. 

He made it to the final turn, the hall was bustling with students heading to their classes, so many bodies didn't stop Oxias from spotting the raven-haired boy with the pink-haired girl he had seen last time in the lunchroom. 

They looked heated in an argument, the girl cornered the boy and held a displeased look on her face, for once she didn't move around with her dogs. 

"We had the nod!" The pink-haired gothic girl said through gritted teeth. 

"I didn't know it had to do with that till you mentioned it. But I finally caught up." The boy brought a sheet from his bag and gave it to her. Her hardened expression softened as she skimmed through it.

Just then the Raven-haired boy looked past the girl and their gazes met. Oxias could feel his fear and even hear his heartbeat pick up. 

Being aware that he still caused fear in people made him aloft. He brushed a bang to his ear before walking into the class and finding a spot. 

The raven-haired boy later came in and so did the gothic both staring at him while discussing. He didn't have to look at them to know. He felt their eyes on him.

Strangely, Oxias went on with his last classes for the day without throwing up, which was a subject of discovery to him. Was it the fruit or the tree? It was stunning if Sado knew she would shove his face in apple pies and apples! Apples! Apples!

He shook his head at his own thought, he would have to plant the seed though and know how many apples he can eat, first, he will have to know the source. 

Even so deep in his thoughts, he was still aware of his surroundings, at the point when he wanted to shut his locker. Two figures surged from behind him. He didn't bother to turn around, *the dogs.

He slowly shut his locker. Milo went ahead to lean on it so he could see him, "Hey, snow-white." He smirked with a deceitful look. 

"How come you look so white?" Benjamin copied his movement. 

Oxias smirked mentally. He slowly lifted his eyes to meet theirs, their egocentric expression stumbled when they saw his eyes. His look only was enough to have them frozen and stunned, he turned around and majestically slipped away. 

"Is he human?" Milo asked softly but Oxias heard him clearly. 

"Of course, it must be a genetic disorder," Benjamin replied. 

"Genetic disorder you say, this one looks like a perfect piece." Milo scoffed. 

"He is running," Benjamin mentioned. 

"Let him go tomorrow is another hunting day," Milo smirked. 

Oxias heard all the letters in their words, yet he continued to move slowly with no haste. 

"Where have you been?" Phineas popped from nowhere. 

Oxias rolled his eyes. "Minding my business." 

"Did you kill the cat?" 

He gritted his teeth and took in a soft breath. "If you wanted me to feed on a kitten of nothing, well, you were mistaken." Oxias started ahead, feeling pissed by his presence.