Just a matter of time

Author's Note: Polly and Julian are both 16 years old and in 11th Grade at the time that this story is set in.
Polly bit down on her fingertips, she was extremely nervous. She walked up to her best friend of almost three years. Julian smiled at the blushing high schooler.
"Hey, Paulina!" The tall boy chirped. There was an awkwardly long moment of silence before Polly spoke.
"I, um, have something to tell you." Polly bit down on her lip.
"Ooh! Do tell!"
Polly panted, beads of sweat formed on her forehead. Her breath quickened. She took a deep breath, she had to do this. No turning back, she couldn't hold this back any longer or she would explode.
"I-I-I love you, Julie! I mean, like, love-love you romantic-type!"
Julian had a shocked look on his face. Polly started bawling and hid her face in her hands.
"I-I'm so sorry!" Polly ran off into the distance. She hid behind a tree and cried, she had just alienated the best human friend she ever had.
"Paulinaaaa!"
Polly heard her name being called out in the distance. She sighed and stepped out from behind the tree.
"Here."
Julian caught sight of Polly and ran towards her. He picked her up, to her surprise.
"Oh, Paulina!" Julian hugged Polly tightly. Polly was surprised. "I love you romantic-type too!"
Polly gasped happily, she returned the hug. Julian adjusted Polly so their foreheads were touching. He sighed happily.
"I waited so long for this!" Julian cheered. He kissed Polly's deep pink lips. Polly held the back of his head as they kissed. From then on, they were lovers.

THE END