16 - [𝙄𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙮]

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳, 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘺.
Georgia stood beside Luz, doing nothing against Hunter's actions.

"So you're really gonna do this? You're just gonna hand all these innocent little guys over to Belos?" The Latina frowned. "I know what he does with them."

The boy's glare softened slightly, the Latina continuing to speak.

"I thought you might've been a good guy," Luz muttered. "But you're just the Golden Guard."

The human then turned around, facing Georgia as she spotted the witch holding her staff, doing nothing against Hunter.

"Aren't you going to stop him from taking the palismen, or something?" Luz raised a brow, Georgia sighing internally.

"I only said that I would prevent them from landing into Kiki's hands," The Nightguard replied, Luz's hope falling. "I can't defend them unless he's Kikimora."

She pulled her staff by her side, walking close.

"You really don't care if they get to the Emperor either way?" She glared. "They still have souls! What is so special about the Emperor that you care about him so much?!"

"You wouldn't understand, Human," Georgia backed away slightly.

"Then tell me, and maybe I can understand, and help!"

"You can't help," Georgia stared at the human in frustration. "Besides, I've done my duty."

The witch walked to Hunter's side, Luz watching her in betrayal. Georgia felt guilt build in her stomach. 

"I'm sorry, Human. But as I said, you're too good for this world."

Hunter stared at the human Latina in pity, Luz frowning in hurt. The boy then snapped out his trance as Georgia placed a hand on his shoulder, tilting her head as a gesture for them to leave, the witch unable to deal with the Latina's hurt face from guilt.

Georgia looked back in concern as she noticed Hunter not following behind. She spotted him lower his bandana, a pitying glance on his face.

"My name is Hunter."

Georgia stared at him, in slight shock that he revealed his identity. She suddenly didn't feel so special anymore. 

Seeing that Hunter had revealed his identity, she slowly pulled off her mask, Hunter shoving her mask back onto her face to protect her identity.

"No, you can't."

"I want to," Georgia frowned, placing her hands on Hunter's wrist. "I trust her, and I shouldn't have turned my back on her. This is my way of making up to her."

The girl pulled his hand away, placing a hand on her mask.

"Besides, what are the odds of me ever seeing the human again?"

She walked ahead, pulling her mask off as her golden eyes watched Luz, the Latina's eyes widening slightly. Georgia held her hand out to the human, her mask by her side. Luz stared at the hand with slight suspicion as the silver-clad guard sighed.

"I'm sorry I turned my back on you, but as an apology, I trust you with my identity," Georgia stared into Luz's wide eyes, her gaze impenetrable.

"My name is Georgia, and I am the Nightguard. You can't tell a soul that you've seen me today, and I trust you with that secret."

Luz stared down at the wound on the bridge of Georgia's nose, slowly nodding as she feared to find out how the girl had received such a mark.

"You can count on me, Georgia."