Revelations II

The next day, during training with his dragons, Taehyung fought against Nuri's tail with a wooden staff. "Nuri, stop telling me where to go to dodge your attack!"

He giggled because all Nuri could think was, 'Appa, left! Go right! No, left!'

Taehyung smiled warmly when the rest of them sounded excited, but he waved his hands as he whispered, "Give me a minute, I'm exhausted." It was sweet how concerned they sounded for him, but he tried to focus on anything else but their voices. The heat pricked at his arms, but he tried to ignore it, "B, can you drench me again, please—"

Bullet lunged a wave of cold water toward the king, and Taehyung held his breath until he could breathe again. It simmered, but the heat returned, and it knocked Taehyung to the ground. He was crouched on the grass, his knees propped to his chest as his body felt literally on fire, but all he could do was cry.

His dragons started screeching in unison, and he could hear them calling for Jungkook. He was seconds away from passing out when Jungkook rushed to his side, "Taehyung, it's okay, angel. I'll help you get through this." Jungkook helped him to his feet before he turned to Mera, "Freeze the river." The ice dragon quickly obeyed.

Taehyung trembled as he was led to the frozen water, but he was aware enough to yank off his clothes. He was surprised when Jungkook undressed himself too, but as he stepped into the river, it melted around where he touched. They sunk into the frigid water, and Taehyung shuddered when the heat continued to grip onto him.

Jungkook pulled his mate so his back could press against his chest, and he pressed cold water on Taehyung's hair, "It'll pass soon, Taehyung." He kissed Taehyung's shoulder as he held him closely. It eased the brunette to be held by him, and he smiled weakly as he leaned back into Jungkook. After a moment of silence, and Jungkook pressing his cold hands to Taehyung's hair, the king asked, "Is it getting any easier?"

"Mhm. I feel so much better, Gukkie. Thank you." Taehyung had his eyes closed as he breathed in relief, but he didn't notice the way his heat gradually melted the frozen river. Jungkook looked at Mera and the dragon instantly froze the water once more.

"Once you shift the pain will ease and it'll be your decision whether or not you ever shift again." Jungkook explained, but he frowned before he added, "It might become uncomfortable if you let it go on for too long, but it won't feel like this ever again." He paused before he added, "Angel, you should try to shift soon. It'll be dangerous for your first shift to be anywhere near enemies."

"I'm scared." Taehyung whispered as he stared at the water while he pictured himself flying across the kingdom on his own. "I've always felt jealous that you—and our family, could fly anywhere you wanted, but I never wanted to do it on my own." He turned to look at Jungkook with a slight pout. "It scares me, Gukkie."

"I know, but you won't do it alone." Jungkook cupped his hands, "I'll be here with you to guide you, and it's not so scary once you take the first step into shifting. You might even enjoy it." He shrugged while Taehyung smiled faintly before he nodded. "Do you feel better?"

"Yes, thank you for helping."

"Anytime." He kissed Taehyung's nose before they climbed out of the river. "We have to head to the northern hemisphere to pay the Orcs a visit. They've been testing my patience, and we need to deal with them before we worry about the dark fairies."

Taehyung nodded as they dressed themselves, "Did you want me to be there?"

"I would love for you to be there." Jungkook smiled at him before he added, "I just need you to drink a couple of teas to keep your shift under control. During your first shift, you'd be most vulnerable, and we need to make sure you cannot shift in front of the orcs."