06| To Early Seen Unknown

Although her hand had a full week to heal before Paloma started attending cheer practice again, she had to admit that she should have done what Rodrigo said and waited another week

But she didn't want to wait another week. Friday was the game and she didn't want to miss it. She hoped that starting cheer again would help her stop thinking about everything else that was going on in her life, but she was wrong. It hadn't helped.

Now she was stuck with an aching hand and felt like it was taking an eternity to heal.

"If your hand still hurts you can sit out Friday's game." Kennedy stated, and Paloma hadn't even realized that she had been looking down at her hand until her friend appeared.

The cut was definitely going to scar.

Paloma immediately shook her head, too stubborn to even consider it an option. "No. You would have to change the entire routine. Anyway my hand feels fine."

"I'm taking your word on it." Ken said in a warning tone as she walked towards the showers. She was always the last one to shower, all the other girls were already changing into their normal clothes getting ready to go home.

With an exhausted sigh Paloma pulled her blouse on but the sudden snap from her necklace as it got stuck on her clothes caused her to freeze. When the piece of jewelry fell to the floor, she could help but be a little happy. She hated the thing, but also knew that she couldn't lose it. For some reason it was important to her father. Even if he never bothered to explain why.

Why can't I just pretend that I lost the stupid thing?

Because dad would go insane. That's why.

Shoving the necklace into her cheer bag she finished changing as stepped out of the girl's locker room and into the emptying hallway. Walking towards her locker her pace slowed as she met the eyes of the boy that she hadn't seen in a week.

Paloma expected him to ignore her existence as he usually did, but this time his eyes met hers. She almost imagined that his eyes widened just a bit as when he saw her. But maybe that was just wishful thinking.