22| A Pair of Star-Crossed Lovers

Luciana had only been in Forks for a day and there was a noticeable shift in the Ibarra  family

Luciana had only been in Forks for a day and there was a noticeable shift in the Ibarra family. It was impossible not to notice and yet Paloma couldn't deny that the change had been a good one. Everyone was less tense and if felt as if their family wasn't as broken as they knew it was since their mother had died.

But now it felt as if they were all on the same page for the first time in a long time.

"It's official, Paloma will begin her training tomorrow." Luciana said as they all gathered around the table and as the words came out of her sister mouth Paloma still couldn't help but question whether of not she had made the right choice. It was a choice entirely driven by what had happened to Kennedy.

Had her friend not gone missing Paloma knew that she would want nothing to do with vampire hunting. Even now she couldn't ever imagine killing a vampire. Her family didn't consider them human anymore, that they were only monsters and nothing more. But when she thought of Edward she didn't see a monster.

But she had to remind herself of what was happening in Seattle. That there was a vampire who was a monster and was killing innocent people. That the vampire could easily be Edward because that kind of bloodlust was in a vampire's nature.

They had all agreed on her becoming more involved on the condition that she continue going to school for some semblance of normalcy. It was something that Paloma recognized that she would need so that she wouldn't completely lose her mind by being overwhelmed by the pressure of it all.

There was a large map of Seattle across the dinning room table, red markers going across most of the city representing everyone that had gone missing or had already been found dead.

"The bodies found dead have all been drained of blood, and all these bodies isn't the work of just one vampire. It can't be." Luciana said thoughtfully as she inspected the map carefully.

"Are there any other vampire covens in the area?"

"No only the Cullens." Her father replied dismissing the possibility of it being another vampire coven. They all knew that it couldn't possibly be the Cullens they had a peace treaty with both the hunters and the werewolves. If they took a human life that treaty would be broken. "I suspect that however is doing this isn't part of a coven. No vampire coven would be reckless enough to attract this much attention. They wouldn't risk being hunted by the. Volturi."