A Week in One Entry

This is not a day/two days late April Fools prank. This is a legit new entry! I knew I said probably April 9th, but I couldn't hold back. This is just so you can become up to date about what's going on in my life. So, I took a break from writing because of homework and playing the guitar (badly) and other things, but I kind of missed being able to recount the interesting (in my opinion) things that have happened to me. Please excuse the bad format. Ah, my own laziness astounds me. Once again, I will rush a whole bunch of events and stuff into one entry. Sorry! Also, it's not actually a week, it's actually a week plus a day. It's also a little long...

March 26, 2015

Today is the day of Multicultural Night. It was said that the practices or rehearsals were going to happen Period 1 and 2 and the second one would be period 5 and 6. These were done in front of the Primaries (first) and the Juniors (second). There would have been no point in performing for the intermediates since the majority or all of the intermediates already witnessed the whole run through about a billion times. 

For grade 8 girls, the only people who weren't involved in the set up were Lila, Jo, Erin and I. The rest all had their own thing to do. I sat in the back with Erin on my right and Levi on my left. This made it nice to have some small talk, except when teachers gave some of us dirty looks for talking during the performances. Oops. Well, I guess when you watched the practices, you kind of get bored during the "real" ones. It's hard to say what they were called since they weren't necessarily practices, but they allowed us (I say us, but I guess I mean them) to see where we needed to tweak it.

After some time, Justin was giving me these looks and gestures basically asking me to sit beside him. I was fine with doing so, but I didn't want to leave Erin alone, since a bunch of the girls disappeared and only Thomas and Derek were on her right. She also was saying how she was the better boyfriend and how she gives better hugs, which was very true. Well, the hug part, I guess? I can't really get enough of Erin's humour. 

Once a bunch of the girls came to the back of the gym, after some classes left because it was either just before recess or during recess, I got permission to sit beside Justin because Erin had company. I would have felt really bad leaving her alone if she didn't have company. The last 20 minutes or so were all performances by the intermediates and they were good. 

While I sat beside Justin, we both kind of leaned our heads against each other. There were two strange things that happened while I sat beside him. I think it was after lunch, but I honestly felt really bad for him after. I remember how Levi made a comment about how "lovey-dovey" we were being. Justin didn't hear that and Levi told me to tell him, but I refused to speak about it. Maybe I thought it was embarrassing to say. 

It's sad to know there will be no more practices because now I have no random reasons to sit beside Justin in the gym and talk. However, it was still nice to have the opportunity to do so. Plus, the performances were so awesome, so I didn't really mind at all. Wait, I have one more plus. Also, we got to skip a bunch of classes. Yay. 

Anyway, I came later that night for the actual "Multicultural Night" hence the name "Multicultural Night". I chilled in the library with some of my friends and just watching all the performers enter. I mainly had come because I was original a mover for the event, but was changed to photographer for yearbook earlier in the day.