8 | hunted by the taskmaster

CHAPTER 8,

HUNTED BY THE TASKMASTER

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER WITNESSING THE death of one of the Widows, the three sisters ran out into the streets in order to avoid any of the other Widows catching up and continuing with their mission. They make their way over to the East side of the building as quickly as they possibly can, knowing that they don't have much time. A row of motorbikes are lined up against the brick walls of a nearby building, which the three are now standing in front of.

"Which one are yours?" Natasha asks the twins.

"Brown seat." Yelena replies.

"And Clover?" Natasha questions. "We're not all gonna fit on a single bike. That won't work."

"I have my own, don't worry." Clover assures.

"Wait, I'm joining you on yours." Yelena informs as she looks at her twin. "I trust you."

Suddenly, chains violently crashing against the hard concrete floor can be heard, followed by metal being crushed. A large tank appears around the corner of the street and edges closer to where the three sisters are currently standing. Cars are being crushed from beneath the chained wheels on which the tank is able to drive on. This just shows that the driver has zero remorse for the civilians that own the vehicles.

The sisters immediately hop onto the motorbikes to avoid staying in the area for any longer — Natasha is on Yelena's bike, whereas Yelena joins Clover on her own one. Each of the engines rev loudly through the growing tense atmosphere. They then rapidly speed down the street in a desperate attempt to escape the large vehicle that is threatening to demolish them. In order to do this, the trio enter a narrow archway and pull out onto the main street so that they can try to blend in with the crowd.

However, to their misfortune, it doesn't go according to plan. Another motorbike proceeds to trail behind the two vehicles trying to escape, rapidly picking up with speed in order to catch up. This causes the three to weave around each of the passing cars, which then causes the horns to honk loudly through the air out of annoyance. A few of the cars even roll to an abrupt stop in order to avoid colliding with the motorbikes, knowing that it could cause a serious accident. But this only makes other vehicles on the road come to a stop and create traffic between the road lanes.

Engines roar loudly through the air as each one of the vehicles continue to speed through the streets in a desperate attempt to escape. The three sisters are able to travel down a set of solid concrete steps on the pathway for those that are walking. Their bikes manage to cut across one of the roads, just in time for the train to drive past and not hit them. But the Widow that has been chasing the three down uses her gun and shoots bullets at the tires of the bikes.