02

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

} ──── ⊰

science.

The only class I had with lee heeseung, and my 3rd class with enhyu. It was a nuisance having a class with her and heeseung at the same time.

The little nudges from enhyu every time heeseung moves an inch. The giggles that escape her when i gaze at him for too long. she teased me every chance she had.

But it was okay, he sat in the front anyway.

"Class. In a week advance, we will be taking a small field trip. We will be camping! Exciting am I right? we will be analyzing how animals live and procreate, that's our main focus this unit."

I internally groan, every once a unit we have different field trips around namyangju, they were to encourage students to socialize and be friends with each other, it was fun but sometimes useless, on the bright side it took time out of classes, so I didn't mind it much.

I was considering the trip to be honest; it was perfect weather this time around.

"-and this will be with a partner activity, assigned, partners. It will take no longer than 3, at most, days to finish. And it is not graded independently, i have too many students failing my class so maybe this will encourage you to work together."

my head quirked up, partner activities?

internally panicking, what if my partner is lazy? What if my partner is rude? my eyes scan the room for potential partners.

i look at the front of the room where he sat, he had his chin resting on his palms listening intently yet looked dazed. bored?

"You can find your partner on the list by the door. Class dismissed." And with that the bell rang. Me and enhyu waited for everyone to leave and know who their partners were.

"You think we'll be partners?" Enhyu asked.

"No." I replied, Enhyu kicks at the heel of my foot, I look at her and she pouts with a crying face. I roll my eyes and turn away from her.

The last person to get up was no other than lee heeseung. I stare intently as he leans forward at the paper. From the angle I sat at, it was difficult and quite frustrating to see what his reaction was. Who was his partner? He then leaves leaving me in a distraught form.

enhyu signs tiredly, "let's go..." she drags out the O. we make our way up to the front peering at the list.

...
enhyu & yuna
heeseung & yurim
sujeong & jake
...

my shoulders sag and my head hangs down in disappointment, enhyu pats my shoulder pityingly.

"Well, at least you got his best friend." she chuckles before dragging me out the classroom. The halls were less crowded at this time, most people at lunch and most having free hour.

"You know the most frustrating part of this is that Yurim, that bitch." enhyu spat sourly.

"hey, we've known her since middle school, she's not that bad." i shook my head as we continued walking to the lunch room.

"heh, not bad until she steals your boyfriend." she crossed her arms.

"i didnt see jake in the classroom, is he even here?" i changed the subject.

"Probably went off to the music room again. " i nodded remembering it for later so i can tell him we're parners.

we kept walking a slow pace giving me some time to think about what i wanted. i made a pact with myself in the meantime so i can graduate on time this year, no more slacking off even if i have to sacrifice staring at the boy I've been romantically confused about.

i sigh.

time soon passed and school ended, most people go to club after schools so i assumed jake was there too.

"I'll see you tomorrow enhyu!" i waved at her and sauntered to the music room. different music style boom through the small halls, in different rooms were different things being done. some were on bleachers, i assume choir.

voices clash into each other but as i inch closer there was a distinctive voice in which caught my attention. it wasn't choir type. not opera, and definitely not play.

the song was familiar, slow but upbeat. i recognized it as my ringtone, night flight by Baek Yerin.

i peer through the window just slightly, not being seen. i was expecting jake but it was someone completely different.

my mouth agapes as i listen further. his voice smooth and slightly high pitched. his eyes were closed Soley focusing on having the perfect pitch. the song nears the end and i feel a slight pressure on my back.

"Beautiful voice, isn't it?" his hard accent is noticed and i stir around startled. the singing stopped and i look back at heeseung, he took notice in us two by the window and took off his headphones.

"sujeong?" Heeseung queried, my eyes enlarged and i push jake slightly. jake raised his brow and chuckled a little, he ruffled my hair and pushed the door open so both of us can walk in.

i breathed in remembering what i came for.

"i just came to tell you we're partnered for science, if you're even going." I muttered to him, he nodded pursing his lips.

"i know, heeseung told me." He was loud, a little too loud for my comfort. my cheeks blush in an embarrassed manner looking down. curse jake and his big mouth.

"Thanks for taking the time to come though." He smiled and walked towards heeseung to do a handshake.

Heeseung gave me a shy wave with a small smile.

It started to get awkward so I backed away from the door, and started walking off until jake yelled out to me.

"wait, im going on the trip! are you going on the trip too then?" he asked, i raised my eyebrow as i thought my actions indicated i was.

"yes, jake. why would i walk to another part of the school to find you if it wasn't for me going?" i raised my brow, he puts in arms up in defense laughing.

"alright then, ill enjoy being you partner sujeong!" he waved and i took it as my leave.

i blushed totally embarrassed by jake.

curse jake curse jake CURSE JAKE!