Introducing Astrid

Damon sat at the quarry waiting for his little sister with a duffel bag stuffed with clothes. It had been a while since they last met and Damon had promised her he'd get Bonnie to make a ring so she could live with him and Stefan. Instead of becoming a vampire like her brothers Kathrine asked Emily to cast a spell cursing the young girl to live the rest of her immortal life as a mermaid. She wanted Astrid as far away from her brothers unable to come back for obvious reasons. When she was cursed Damon and Stefan had no idea where she'd gone.

For over 100 years the brothers thought their sister had drowned believing the lies Kathrine fed them as she said she found young Astrid's body and gave her a proper burial so the two young Salvatore's wouldn't look for her body. It was only when Zach took Stefan to the quarry that Stefan saw her alive and well but as a mermaid no less. Damon nearly passed out when he came back and Stefan brought him to the same spot.

Astrid popped out of the water with a smile splashing her older brother who playfully glared at her. "Still not funny" her mumbled. "I beg to differ" Astrid replied with the famous Salvatore smirk she picked up from Damon. "Do you have it?" Astrid said with a big smile. Damon smiled and lifted up a silver ring that was shaped as a dolphin tail holding a blue stone. She swam up and he grabbed her hand slipping it onto her finger.

There was slight pain as Astrid felt her tail split into two legs. She quickly grabbed onto a large rock so she wouldn't sink as having her legs back after over 100 years felt foreign to her. Damon quickly helped her out of the water trying not to look at the same time as he didn't want to be scarred for the rest of his eternal seeing his little sister nude.

Astrid laughed and grabbed the towel that was sitting next to the duffel bag. "Is it safe?" Damon asked. Astrid rolled her eyes and chuckled. Almost let me get changed first". Astrid picked up the bag and slowly but surely stumbled behind the tree and got dressed. "You can look now ya big baby" she said. Damon quickly turned around and in seconds had his sister in a bear hug which she gladly returned. "I missed you so much" he said.

"I missed you to brother" she replied trying her best not to cry. When Damon let go he helped her to the car and they sped back to the boarding house with Stefan eagerly waiting for his baby sister to arrive.