Return Home

As soon as Damon parked the car Astrid through the door open and ran or at least tried to run to the front door of the boarding house she missed so dearly. "Easy there princess it's been over 100 years since you last walked much less ran" Damon said pulling her up off the ground. The two siblings walked in and Astrid was immediately pulled into a hug by her other older brother. "God I missed you so much" Stefan said hugging her tighter afraid if he let go she'd disappear.

"I missed you too Stef" the young brunette said digging her face into her brothers shirt. Stefan let go and both Salvatore brothers kissed their little sisters head. "I assume you remembered where your room is" Damon said. "Of course I do" Astro's said with an excited smile. "Go ahead and change and we'll go out for a celebratory dinner it's grateful to have you back kiddo" Stefan said. "It's amazing to be back" Astrid said with a smile before she headed upstairs.

Astrid walked into her room and smiled. Nothing was moved and it looked the same way she left it. Zack did a great job keeping it clean. Astrid walked to her closet to find all types of outfits in which were most likely picked out by the famous Caroline. Some new jewelry was even added to her jewelry box. I grabbed a pretty maroon top and tan pants along with my necklace that Emily gifted me on my birthday a year after I was cursed. She felt terrible about what she had done regardless of how many times I told her it was okay.

She gave me a beautiful gold necklace with a real with pink and white pearls on it. She saved up every last penny she had to have it made which made it more special. She told me that as a mermaid I had the power over the elements water and ice and she spelled the necklace to help awaken them as well as control them.

 I put on some black flats and made my way downstairs before walking back out to the car driving off to the Grill

I put on some black flats and made my way downstairs before walking back out to the car driving off to the Grill. When we sat down a blond boy with blue eyes walked up with a smile. "Hey what can I get for you guys?"he asked. "Damon and I will have the usual what about you Astrid?" Stefan asked.

"I'll take a breakfast burger, medium rare, and an over easy egg on it" Astrid said with a smile. "You got it" Matt said with a smile towards Astrid before he looked at the brothers with a look that said 'we're talking about this later' as the Salvatore's never mentioned Astrid before as they didn't want people bothering her. "Burger? I expected you to get the grilled salmon" Damon joked. Stefan chuckled while Astrid rolled her eyes. Her brothers hadn't seemed to change to much and she was thankful for that.

When the three got home the walked to the parlor and sat down. "So what's it like to be a fish?" Damon asked as if it were an every day question. "Damon!" Stefan snapped. Astrid just laughed and shook her head. It was weird at first but you get used to it after a while.

Definitely gives you a bit of a different perspective on mermaids" Astrid replied. "Like what you basically were born a mermaid in a human body" Damon said. "He's not wrong there aside from the whole wanting to kill people and brushing your hair on a rock" Stefan said. Astrid rolled her eyes and shook her head. You guys got to travel while I was stuck in one place with no friends until Zack moved in" she said.

"True" the brothers said in unison. "Why don't you head upstairs and get some rest I'm sure you've been dying to get some sleep in an actual bed" Stefan said. Astrid happily agreed with a yawn excited to sleep in her soft bed once more. Tomorrow she'd be meeting the Scoobies and she was sure they were just as excited to see her as she was to see them. It had been to long since she had friends and to finally make some made her beyond happy.