Chapter 1

"Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness." -- Don Marquis
Alert! Lots of sighs and things going by quickly. Enjoy.
------------------------------
I woke up to the sound of the creaking of a door. I shot up surprised, sleep fading away from me in seconds as horror filled in its place. I stared blearily at the glass door in front of me as I heard a metal click fall into place as the landlord closed the gate behind her. Looking through the cracks of the blinds, the light that filtered from the outside seemed lighter than usual. A bit too light. I jumped out of my covers, rushing to the kitchen quickly (yet quietly) to check the time. I sighed to myself in relief; 5:45 in the morning. It seemed lighter than usual at this time of day, but that didn't matter as long as I wasn't late. An hour too early is better than a minute too late, I told myself, quite literally. Since I was already up, I went back to my corner and grabbed clothes out of my basket, and threw them on quickly, even though the need for my adrenaline was gone. Grabbing my backpack that was next to where I slept, I quickly shouldered it on while trying to adjust my sneakers onto my feet, all as silently as possible. Jerking open the front door, I quickly turned the lock and shut the door behind me. Sighing in relief, I checked myself over to see whether I had forgotten anything (not that I could of done anything if I had), then walked out of the drive way, squeezing in between cars to do so. Sighing in relief that I finally made it out to the street, I started walking, the sun rising beside me, to school.
----------------------------------------------
So, first chapter! Finally made it! I never realized how difficult it was to make one. Please excuse me for my incompetence, I'm a firsty. Maybe this won't be the end of the chapter, but I'm putting it up anyhow. What will our young protagonist do? You don't know much yet, I'm sorry, but please comment, maybe like? Or rage on how short my measly chapter is. Everything's appreciated! Thanks for reading! Maybe I'll continue....