prologue.

digging up corpses.
prologue.

"I WANT TO fly Sirius."

Sirius Black remembered that Lisa Lee had once told him that she wants to fly, to touch the sky but she doesn't want to be on a broom or on a Thestral, she wants to feel the wind in her hair, the air filling her lungs until they feel like they're going to explode. Which is why Sirius was arguing with the man in front of him, solely because he won't sell him the sweet motorcycle he saw. The man kept on saying it's different and he can't sell it to his kind, which had Sirius thinking. Did the man across him think he was wizard? Or just some clueless muggle?

"Can it fly?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me the first time round. Can it fly?" Sirius raised a brow, challenging the man. He needed this bike, partly because Lisa yearns to quench her thirst for flying without being on a broom but also because his and Lisa's birthdays are literally a day apart and this could be the perfect gift for the both of them. He knows he would like to have the freedom of avoiding traffic and causing havoc in both the sky and on the ground, like accidentally spilling water on some innocent passerby.

"Yes but I ━ I still refuse to sell it to you, you're not welcomed in my shop! You're a bloodtraitor." The man fumed and Sirius' eyes landed on his name badge. He grinned.

"Look, Norgay, my girlfriend, soon to be wife's birthday is literally in two days and mine is tomorrow. It doesn't matter if I'm a bloodtraitor because you'll wish you're one when she's through with you, literally." Sirius clapped his hand on his shoulder and Norgay let out a tiny squeak of surprise. "So, how about you be a good champ and sell the thing to me? I'll even sign you an autograph, I must be insanely famous if even people like you know my name."

"I'm better than you, Black."

"Well that's up for debate Meghan, now sell me the bike."

"My name is ━"

"Dad? Is everything alright in here? I thought I heard the voice of ━ Black." The approaching body glared at Sirius and he finally connected the dots, hand nearly flying to clamp his mouth shut to keep from laughing, but it had been impossible because he just couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"Your dad's name is Norgay? And then you have the audacity to act better than us, huh Meghan junior?"

Avery did not laugh. "My dad's name is no joke, neither is mine, we don't want you here because you are a danger, Black. Get out of our shop."

"Just sell me the bike and I'll be on my merry way." Sirius challenged, his voice anything but merry. He was not leaving here without this awesome, flying bike. He wanted this bike with everything he had, no matter the price Norgay and Avery would want to set.

And his suspicions were confirmed when Avery opened his mouth. "A thousand Galleons."

"You're mad! Just because I'm a bloodtraitor, doesn't ━"

"What my son wanted to say, Mr Black, is five hundred Galleons."

"Dad! You and I both know that ━"

"You, Meghan Avery sir, have yourself a deal!" Sirius flashed the older man a smile, already dropping the bag of money he brought with him in his outstretched hand. "Absolutely lovely to do business with you too, Meghan Avery junior!"

Sirius left before both Norgay and Gayton Avery could say anything.

Sirius remembered the day he proposed to Lisa. She always wore an emotionless expression on her face but that day, she had been so happy he thought she might just explode right there and then. He thought that her face would match that day as he brought back their sweet motorcycle to their little flat but instead, Sirius found Lisa's belongings by the door and not so far away from there, stood Lisa, her face unreadable. He didn't understand what was happening, but he didn't want to jump to conclusions, so he guessed her aunt was sick. But if Natalie had been sick, Lisa wouldn't have gathered all her clothes.

"Lisa, is everything fine?" Sirius asked, trying to hide the slight panic in his voice. Confusion swam in his eyes as they trailed over the girl in question. She wore the traditional Lee colors today and that was enough to make Sirius panic. The Lee family were famous for their brutality and their alliance with the Dark Lord. Lisa had been one of the lucky Lee's to escape that life and not end up dead. She and Natalie fled together, with Ignatius in tow but Regulus Black had killed him.

"They're looking for me, Si, I can't stay here with you anymore." Lisa began, sighing and she walked forward, gently holding Sirius' hands and she placed something in one of them, closing it so he wouldn't have to see what it is. Sirius wondered if she spared him the luxury of being hurt.

"But, we're safe! Dumbledore vowed to keep us safe! You can't waltz out there Lisa, especially with your last name and those colors you wear so proudly." Sirius was close to crying. He thought he'd bring home the bike and Lisa would smile and be so happy but clearly, he thought wrong.

"Dumbledore also vowed to keep Lily and James safe, he can't have too much on his plate. I'm sorry Si."

That's when Lisa Lee decided to place all her bags in an enchanted satchel, looking one last time at Sirius, a sad smile deforming her usual emotionless face. Sirius couldn't help but feel his heart bleed the same dark red and gold robes she wore. When she Apparated away, Sirius looked down in his palm and saw the diamond ring her proposed with.

Sirius had never felt so lost before.

an.

sooooo here we are, another fanfiction that I probably will ignore lol, I tried a little theme with my covers but got halfway lazy