十三 "Blessing"

Today was the meeting, she still hasn't awoken. Kocho was further explaining about the ranks, and that the Hashira was the highest-ranking... As I sat and listened, it was still difficult to think that Ichika-chan was in such a horrible state because of me, "Y/n-san" Kocho looked me in the eyes. "Gomen, it appears that I spaced out." I felt a feeling of contempt and looked down. She placed her hand on my shoulder, reassuring me that it was alright and that she'd wake up soon. I felt my eyes watering, and Kocho pulled me into a hug.

...

...

"Hello?" the door creaked open, and there stood Ichika-chan.

"Ichika-chan!" Kocho let me go as I ran towards Ichika, pulling her into a hug. "How.. Are you okay?! I'm sorry! This is all my fault that you had to go through all this suffering.."

Ichika sweat-dropped, "Y/n.. you really forgot didn't you..", "H-huh..?" I pull away sniffling, wiping the tears away.

Ichika giggled, feeling satisfied, "I used the blessing of the snow!"

(A special form that Snow Breathers have to heal injuries, but can only be used once in a year.)

"B-but how..".. I asked in confusion and shock. "While I was getting squeezed to death, I was preparing that and eventually activated it, hehehehehe." I was utterly dumbfounded.

Shinobu sat there, watching as I circled around Ichika, happy that she was alright. Kocho got up and headed to the meeting, leaving Ichika and me in the room. Totally forgot the meeting was now, and that we were late.

256 words