𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝟪

As soon as she opens her eyes, Victoria swears that she could very well be in heaven. Faint rays of light enter the room, illuminating the room. A clump of dark hair tickles her nose and cheeks, and she frowns but softens her face when she realises whose hair it is. She goes to brush a few strands out of her face, but stops instantly when she feels her arm draped over the girl's stomach, who is sleeping peacefully, as if she hadn't noticed the Italian's movements.

The butterflies in her stomach fly high and a shiver runs down her spine as she realises the situation. Next to her, Max stirs a little, as if the daylight is starting to bother her, and the Italian, not knowing what time it is but giving anything to spend a little more time between those sheets, stays still so as not to disturb her, repressing the intense desire to stroke her arm to get her to relax.

She doesn't get what she wants, as Max turns away, and Victoria thinks that although she's seen her in make-up and gorgeous outfits, it's when she's freshly risen that she's at her sweetest. Her tousled hair covers much of her face, but she wrinkles her nose and quirks a small smile and Victoria feels herself melting. She could definitely get used to those awakenings.

"How did you sleep?" Is the first thing Max asks her, who turns to face her but doesn't complain at all about the blonde's arm being around her waist. On the contrary, she seems happy about it.

"Better with your company," Victoria says in a burst of confidence. She doesn't know where it's come from, but she feels her stomach twitch as Max's smile widens.

The brunette hides a little more between the sheets, sinking her head into the pillow and yawning, listening to herself with difficulty. Victoria smiles almost inevitably, and thinks that if any of the boys saw her right now they'd say she was one hundred percent in love. But they just can't see how she sees Max, so sweet when she first woke up, so willing to do anything to make her feel comfortable, not to mention when she took that punch for defending her in the bar...

Victoria briefly grimaces, as she vividly remembers that's how Connor came into their lives, and even though the guy seems like a nice person, anyone who takes her away from Max is someone she should be careful around. She hates to think like this, so protective and jealous, but Victoria sees Max as someone so pure and so genuine that she'd hate to think that anyone would treat her badly and she wouldn't be there to stop it. She rolls her eyes imperceptibly as she feels like a hound dog.

But Max raises her head, her face a little clearer than before, and Victoria sees the pink in her cheeks. The Italian forgets about Connor and everything else to focus on the girl in front of her, who suddenly bites her lip, and this causes Victoria to lose her mind to think about things that, perhaps, she shouldn't be thinking about her friend.

"I want to do something," the Englishwoman mutters.

Victoria stares at her, but nods, because who is she to say no to Max? In turn, she nods, too, as if accepting Victoria's permission —or, rather, doubt. And what happens next paralyses the blonde, because she feels Max slowly move closer to her, causing the hand that was resting on her waist to now rest on her lower back, dangerously close to another area. Victoria's breath catches in her throat, unable to do anything but stand still because it's all so good that she thinks she's misreading Max's intentions.

I must have something on my face, Victoria thinks to herself. Yes, that must be it.

But no, it's not. Max takes her by the cheek, caressing it gently, looking at her with such intensity that Victoria feels like her heart is about to burst out of her chest. The Englishwoman leans in, kissing her where she has caressed her, and repeating the same ritual for the other cheek. Victoria finds it a bit of a wet kiss, too wet for a cheek kiss, but she doesn't complain, because Max is kissing her —even if it is on the cheek— and she already feels too lucky for that. Max definitely has to be hearing how hard her heart is pounding, but she doesn't say anything about it, just like Victoria, who remains silent, but her lips remain close to the corner of the Italian's, and suddenly she whispers, "I wanna be your slave."