By the Stars - Meant to Be

A single wish from above was bound to come true. Or that's what a peculiar little boy thought. So he wished and wished everyday to get out of this unfamiliar place he was stuck in. And he knew; he knew that someone was listening.

After dinner, or what they called dinner - potato peels with soup, the little boy went to the roof again. The only difference was that he wasn't exactly 'little' now. Years had went by and even if by a pinch, his hope had started to wither away. He still didn't stop wishing.

"You sure are persistent, little being" A sly voice- no, was it a voice? Startled, the boy turned around and looked all around him. But to no avail. A gasp, a sudden idea, his hope restored, he looked towards the sky and saw the most beautiful sight he'd ever seen.

The night sky seemed to be filled with all the stars it could possibly hold, tints of green and pink flowing like rivers and what caught the boy's eye... the first shooting star he'd ever seen in his life. The voice hadn't explained anything but the boy knew, this mysterious thing had done this: it was his chance.

Yet, what the other being heard was not what he had been hearing since long years. Except for the wish the boy would die for to come true, it had changed. "Take me with you"

The stars gasped in disbelief and the rivers of green and pink stopped mingling with each other. And the shooting star, the star just shook his head and smiled. "Though it is not my place..." The boy saw the star change its path.

"May I be so insolent to ask..." It got closer and closer with the boy's quickening heartbeat, however the boy was not scared at all.

"Why you wish so?" A mesmerizing air, the sweet smell, a beautiful sight. A man, a celestial being, stood in front of the boy with care in his eyes and mischief on his face. But still, the boy didn't care.

"Over all these years, it was not freedom I was searching for. Nor was it escape. Though I am late to realize, it was love."